The Malvern Classic?

kyle888":b6opnvfd said:
thanks for the link good memories!!

anyone race at astley woods?

Yeah, I did........got photos of a couple of races at astley.......my clearest memory is of the start, and the first utterly balls out 500 metres to the entrance to the woods. I used half the energy I used in the whole race in that first bit!...... :LOL:

ha ha yeah was a mad dash to the woods.

Do you remember the really steep little climb near the start?

I raced their once I think I was only about 12 or somethin but raced with the regular
class not the sprogs class. 2 laps on my gt timberline I used to have a photo but have lost it.
I finished about mid 20's out of 50 odd.

My drink bottle flew out of the bottle cage half way round the first lap when you skirt the edge of the fields thought about going back for it but didn't.

feetabix":3mc2f6z3 said:
kyle888":3mc2f6z3 said:

Yeah, I did........got photos of a couple of races at astley.......my clearest memory is of the start, and the first utterly balls out 500 metres to the entrance to the woods. I used half the energy I used in the whole race in that first bit!...... :LOL:
Only half? :LOL: I used to race at Astley, great craic. Never took it seriously though; me and my mate used to get through a slab of Carling the night before!

I was at Malvern for the stabbing. It was more like a festival than a bike race, dope smokers everywhere. The beer tent was sponsored by Coors and got trashed when they ran out IIRC.

feetabix":36z2602j said:
kyle888":36z2602j said:

Just last week I found some video that my wife filmed of a race I was in there in 95.
I am leading the charge off the start into the narrow bit. Didn't do me much good as I finished in my usual middle of the field position

feetabix":33p2y2q3 said:
Get it up on the intranet, would be interested to see it!,,,,

I will Youtube it.
Even better video I have is a race at hawkstone park in 1993.
In the elite race is a Raleigh pro (forgot his name) and Tim Gould who borrows a fun class riders bike, and sets off ages after the race has started

Back