decals for an R J Quinn

riggleback

Retro Newbie
Help - I'm about to restore my 1980 R J Quinn and therefore need some decals. I've contacted the likes of H Lloyd but I can't get any. Can you suggest any other suppliers or companies that can create some?

I have some transfers that just say Quinn in gothic style letters . Yours FOC if you would like them.
They came from a old Derby frame builder and refurb man.

As an outside possibility try Roger Spinks on 0115 938 2866. He sells several ranges that Lloyds don't.

torqueless":g90wtun7 said:
Can't help with a decal source, but there's a nice old R.J. Quinn on Hilary Stone right now if all else fails and you want to cop the font and spacing and DIY.. http://www.hilarystone.com/images/sale% ... k-grey.jpg I presume it's original, or if not, a faithful repro.

That, I think, is not a decal but a perfect example of C&G Finishes hand painted script. It was their trademark and included the owners name and club in italics as can be seen on the top tube. You're right, it is a nice frame.

I also have an RJ Quinn that I would like to have re-painted, and have similarly struggled to locate suitable decals.

If you fancy having some repro ones run up, I would be happy to look at sharing the set-up costs.

Thanks to all for your offers and suggestions - I've PM'd a few of you!

keep 'em coming 'cos I'm not there yet!

Riggleback

By the late 70's a lot of the frame makers had reverted to a very plain typerface for their decals.....Woodrup and mercian were just a bit flamboyant (but not a lot) but eveyone else seemed to just use simple block lettering.......

I'd pick something simple, perhaps with a slight serif and I guess you can't be far wrong.

Getting the right headbadge however is a lot trickier.

Shaun

thanks Midlife

good advice - when I've seen photos of R J Quinn framesets they are all similar but different! so I don't need worry about the 'name' decals so much. As you say though it's all about the head badge.

Anyone know of a great vinyl graphic outfits who do artwork?

Back