1996 SyCip Specialized CX

Re: Couldn't resist............. SYCIP!

Great score & so cool with the Specialized decals on. That kind of thing is right up my street!

Beautiful! I wouldn't worry about moving it. If a mod sees fit, they'll do it.

I love it. Great pick up. Would make a great flat bat commuter as well. I wonder how large a tire would fit?

Just had a reply from Jeremy Sycip. He told me he build 4 CX frames for 2 guys who were sponsored by Specialized and wanted to race CX. Specialized did not make CX frames so they hired Sycip to build the 4 frames! This is one of them!

Not going to remove the Specialized decals now!

Re: Early SyCip Specialized CX frame....

Very cool! Would love a Sycip one day!

Cheers
Stu

That's a great story, fantastic to see you obtained the frame. Any ideas how you will build it up? Restore it as they raced it that time? Or with mountainbike components, groupset? Make it an avant-garde twenty-niner? Maybe a single speed?

What a nice score. will be interesting to follow the build process.

Lovely frame. Some Pauls Neo Retro's or Velo Orange cantis would look lovely on that.

stumpjumper1990":3mac2sqj said:
Just had a reply from Jeremy Sycip. He told me he build 4 CX frames for 2 guys who were sponsored by Specialized and wanted to race CX. Specialized did not make CX frames so they hired Sycip to build the 4 frames! This is one of them!

Did he say which two guys from Spesh?

suburbanreuben":19x5e5sq said:
stumpjumper1990":19x5e5sq said:

Did he say which two guys from Spesh?

No, but I think I know one of them... Trying to contact him....

Back