Nishiki Cascade ~92/93 - E-Stay Frame - East Sussex

ozone1":2dpf84oe said:
Just to satisfy your curiosity ;) - here's a pic of it as purchased and uncleaned with years of dust and crap, Has the original Ritchey Kevlar Magebite tyres with the wee rubber tags still on them, the guy said he only rode it a handfull of times and any scratches on it are from storage,

cheers man

Nice! Certainly looks like the beasty! Does it have a decal for frame material/tube manufacturer?

Mines all Shimano EXAGE LX, yeah the frame tubing decal is there I think

- Rear mech is 500 LX
- Front mech 500 LX
- Crank is 300 LX
- Brakes are one or the other, cant remember at the moment
- Rims are Weinmann/Bontrager
- Hubs are Exage
- Grips are ODI attack in black
- Turbo Gel seat

hope that helps

Great, cheers buddy. Only shimano on mine is DX so maybe mine's an Ariel - probably shared a frame anyway and as you say doesn't really matter anyway. I'll see if I can see any original paint anywhere.

It'll be a while before mine's rideable, will you be starting your own thread? (link it in here if you do).

All takes time ay, yeah with DX it may be Ariel, I'll probably start a thread but I think i'll just wait till it's back together, should be a couple of weeks I recon, good luck with your build, I have heaps of DX gear if you need anything

cheers mate
G

jaypee":2p6rzrde said:
Haha yeah I was quite chuffed :cool:

I thought the chainset was about the right era but I did wonder if it was original given the other bits are shimano. Should it have been dx? What's your authority (not doubting just haven't found much info)?

No authority at all really, but the other ones mentioned here all have Shimano rather than Suntour. That and the fact that I have an irrational attraction to Suntour bits!

Back