Carlton Criterium 1975

Out for a blast on this machine this morning.

P7220332.jpg

P7220333.jpg

Hi lovely bike,both your restoration and as it left the factory.
I had a later Criterium,in a mint green colour.I loved the bike,I would guess that I was around 12/13 when I got it.It was secondhand but mint,a league above my mate's bikes Choppers,Grifters etc.I lived in Nottingham as a boy not far from Carlton.
The bike took me everywhere,I rode it miles, cleaned it polished it and loved it
I eventually outgrew the frame,I polished it all and the bike was sold to my Mum's colleague's son,I can still see his face light up when he laid eyes on it.Truthfully I still miss that bike
I really enjoyed the pictures,a real trip down memory lane!

Valvoltec":12w9teif said:
Hi lovely bike,both your restoration and as it left the factory.
I had a later Criterium,in a mint green colour.I loved the bike,I would guess that I was around 12/13 when I got it.It was secondhand but mint,a league above my mate's bikes Choppers,Grifters etc.I lived in Nottingham as a boy not far from Carlton.
The bike took me everywhere,I rode it miles, cleaned it polished it and loved it
I eventually outgrew the frame,I polished it all and the bike was sold to my Mum's colleague's son,I can still see his face light up when he laid eyes on it.Truthfully I still miss that bike
I really enjoyed the pictures,a real trip down memory lane!

Glad you liked them. Ive got two of these fellas...

Excellent real restoration work there Spokesman, very satisfying not just a buy bits and bolt together. Lovely to see you ride them too, I do with all my retro bikes, but unsurprisingly the one that gave me the most pleasure was the Claude Butler I did for my neighbor. The fact that you found these in original condition is amazing...... but back in the 70's people took alot of care with bikes, really were the most prized posessions for young men , rather than say an X box!
Cheers Darren

I agree about riding them, all of my classics get to see the road at some point in the year. My current winter/commuting bike is a 1975 Carlton Corsa - plenty of life left in it and it still looks presentable.

Beautiful bikes, and excellent work - Inspirational! Thanks Mike!

Back