November 2013 Nominations Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]

Have a read of the May nomination thread and Ned's bike from PC:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=254388

In the end it boiled down to me (and maybe a few others) questioning whether we were heading down a slippery path of stores and traders entering super-rare machines, against the general public who may not have the contacts or in some cases, the wallet to match.

In hindsight, I can see both sides of the argument now. The general consensus was, step up and see if you can beat the standards set. Also, that it's completely up to the forum members to vote for what they want and if we use May as an example, Ned's stunning machine didn't trouble the top 3. In fact, take a look at some of your comments from previous nominations, say June, where you're very clear in your usual keyboard warrior CAPITAL LETTER FRENZY style, that we can chose to vote for what we want ;)

It looks like you're coming from a different angle; in your eyes a company trying to win a competition and somehow linking that to potential marketing. If that's the case then we better all stop what we're doing since all of our bikes, all of our components and pretty much everything we do here advertises a brand. John may as well shut up shop!
[/quote]

MEOW..............PMSL.

And you are mistaken my friend, im confident I didn't post on BOTM in june......PMSL. (please do your homework correctly).

July perhaps, but then creating a little uproar had the desired effect as you all rallied around as usual and the right bike WON, and its finally rightly placed for the BOTY competition...... ;) RULE BRITANNIA.

As for Posting a pm mate, I have nothing to hide as I said.... :LOL: And lets face it, where would you be without a little controversy.....! :LOL:

The History Man":269pcvit said:
videojetman":269pcvit said:
will people stop spoiling these threads,
i for one like looking at the bikes, but the bitchiness really is spoiling it.

Can anybody identify the common factor when it all goes pear shaped?

Whats gone pear shaped......?

If it doesn't WIN it will be in the top three......PMSL.

You should know me by now..... ;) ....lol

Oh and heres a tune for you.......lol...lol...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4Cb9ox9ok

Attachments

• bad-publicity.gif
    bad-publicity.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 524
Who cares? Am all for having a good debate but times and places n all that? Just BOTM hear ain't it?

carl, you seem to be the only one who is bothered, it's supposed to be fun, whether you realise it or not you are taking the fun out of it.

please leave it alone, you said your piece.

jonnyboy666":2unzbznv said:
carl, you seem to be the only one who is bothered, it's supposed to be fun, whether you realise it or not you are taking the fun out of it.

please leave it alone, you said your piece.

I have mate, and I shall leave well alone as I had intended when you previously asked.

But I didn't expect others to not listen to you, hence me replying to there points.

It does take more than one to Tango, im afraid.

But it is time to move on like you Previously Politely suggested.... :cool:

others will also ignore a mod comment if you do aswel. constant last wording is irritating, it might take 2 to tango but it only takes 1 to stop.

as a mod i don't expect that what we say or write is written in stone or even the final word but needlessly replying is frankly just boring to everyone else who just wants to see nice bikes.

let the above post be your last comment.

sinnerman":486f9kq1 said:
MEOW..............PMSL.

And you are mistaken my friend, im confident I didn't post on BOTM in june......PMSL. (please do your homework correctly).

July perhaps, but then creating a little uproar had the desired effect as you all rallied around as usual and the right bike WON, and its finally rightly placed for the BOTY competition...... ;) RULE BRITANNIA.

As for Posting a pm mate, I have nothing to hide as I said.... :LOL: And lets face it, where would you be without a little controversy.....! :LOL:

I'll hold my hand up and say I confused June with August. Let's take a quick look at that thread, 1st page. Now, the reply isn't directly related to your original point, which I don't think is valid. However, some interesting reading all the same (I use interesting in the context that perhaps you could take some of your own medicine).

Was it any different to previous months? I don't think so, I think after re-reading, it was actually pretty tame in comparison to some previous months, (im sure I don't need to add the links).

What I do find frustrating are the rules are VERY clear, if you don't like "criticism" don't enter.

I think its a sad day, when you cant post a genuine "MERIT" or "FAULT" post which leads to your Voting decision.
Without it being deemed by those with perhaps a lesser understanding of the bike, and they simply HAVE to reduce it to a personal attack on the entrant.

What NONSENSE.

I have said it before and I will say it again, WE as a community are here to Vote for BIKES not the people that enter them.

Nonsense like this will lead to other members posting there thoughts and disagreements over details Based on two persons experiences.(which is of course what occurred, and to my mind no bad thing)

This then sadly leaves us with what I think an American member called BOTM being reduced to nothing More than
"Buddy of the Month".............Which to me is Very SAD.

Last month, was always going to be hard, especially given a lot of the members who do Vote didn't understand or careless because it was a UK based month, which inevitably involved a lot of far east production.

With all this said, it came down to only three for me and the best bike WON, and in the process a lot of valid information valuable to the site I actually feel was brought to the Fore by many members, and despite the BUDDY BUDDY element jumping on the band wagon desperately trying to score points.

Just one VOTING members view FWIW.

Now lets knock this crap on the head, and see sum bikes, cus that's why im here.

So on the one hand you want us to vote as we wish, yet your reply to me and your post back in August indicates that somehow there's a secret club of voters, clubbing together also voting as they wish. You sound bitter.

So, with your parting quote in mind, I'll jog on (as you have) with a final observation that you know when Sinnerman is rattled when you get this:

CAPITAL LETTERS! And this:

Incontinence! See a doctor!

LOL (STI)

So as requested (more than once) back to the bikes.

So far for me in the running, The Fat, The Manitou and the Alpinestars.

:cool:

ededwards":3c2gwtyt said:
I'm not sure that "but Sir, he started it" adds anything or will take this thread in a productive direction.

As jonnyboy says above, let's keep on topic rather than spiral off at a bickering tangent and with some top entries this month already it's shaping up really well.

Bicker of The Month...now there's an idea right there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back