LFGSS - a very bad experience - what's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedalitis":3v7tzh5p said:
Secondly, expressing a considered opinion based on facts is not a 'rant' - except perhaps in LFGSS parlance.

You devoted a sizeable paragraph about the valuation of the Microcosm valuation and how it's going to fail because David didn't reply to your emails. It was a rant.

I like both forums, I use lfgss more as it is local to me and more relevant to what i ride, but I think RB is great too. They're different - very different, RB is probably more old school and polite, LFGSS has a lot of enforcers setting out what they think is right, and people get torn to shreds there. I have met David and he is a genuine guy who is trying to build better software for communities - it's a shame that you had a bad experience with him not replying - I assume you do not want to rejoin lfgss now. Someone said it's a clique - it certainly can appear that way online but if you go on any rides with LFGSS you will find an eclectic, interesting and inclusive bunch of people (much like I'm sure you'd find on here....)

I am interested in TimColnago's story of dangerous/overpriced bikes and bits - it sounds like you called people on selling bad items, but in my experience LFGSS polices bad sellers well, and I am surprised that you felt rounded on for highlighting bad sellers....

TL;DR: both good forums, don't let OP's problem put you off LFGSS, spend a few weeks on there as a lurker/buyer & read the rules before trying to sell anything and you'll be fine.

neilnelson":j5emycjj said:
No.

He knowingly advertised on two sites. He was aware that he didn't read the rules.

That's splitting hairs, you seem to be arguing whilst making the same point as me????

If you're trolling that's fine, if you want to wave your cock around that's fine too, just be aware it's a trifle irritating.

i thought it was a fair point! While knowingly breaking the rules and knowingly selling without reading the rules may amount to the same thing, the former feels worse - "I know it's wrong and I don't care" vs "I can't be ar5ed to read the rules so I don't care if I turn out to be wrong or not".....

Bats":1279ua99 said:
Do a skid.
I did one once! So embarrassed by it I dare not put my pants in the wash but binned them instead :LOL:

On a serious note I have seen one chap advertising his bike parts on LFGSS - CTC - RB and it was only his
pictures and the listing was the give away, his screen names were entirely different though.

I don't use LFGSS much as I find it confusing to use but there are many bargins to be had
and also there is much abuse flying around that forum, some get a real buzz out of it too.

all sounds like abject bedwetting to me.

If the culture of lfgss is too rough for your delicate sensibilities you obviously shouldn't be posting there. I mean, you already admitted you don't life in London or ride fixed (which isn't an obstacle, but still a good indicator of target audience...) so doesn't sound like it will be debilitating for your social life (if you have one).

You seem particularly put out about the 'fairness' of being banned for breaking the rules 'accidentally'. Hmm. How many posts did you have? Did you try and justify yourself? One reason the classifieds there works better than say, ShiteRadar, is because chancers coming to punt something at double its worth get told to sling their hook in unambiguous terms. It's ******* annoying when a total flange turns up, posts 8 times in really banal ways to start a classifieds thread, then thinks that he can flog his rad Carlton gaspipe frame for £300 to some London hipster. If you got caught in the crossfire that's unfortunate but i don't think you need to take it so personally.

Criticising the business plan/valuation on here, and focusing on Velocio's supposed 'customer service' (you're not a customer, nor an investor, so it's a strange term to use) just sounds a bit bitter. Search for just about anything to do with road/fixed riding in the UK and lfgss will probably be in the top third of search results on the first page. Speaks for itself. The quality of the site is also down to the user-led moderation to keep the two bob mug cunts and chancers away. You can call this pretentious or whatever you want, but there's less random chauvanism, racism or bullshit led 'banter' on there than any other white-collar wanker focused cycling site out there and people like that.

Maybe you should just put the petted lip away and accept that you did something you shouldn't and that your participation/contribution to the site to date wasn't enough to get a reprieve, or that the admins have more to do than dry your eyes for you.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back