Look what I just finished making...

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can't put it in readers wives as it's a showroom piece!

1396965_665747796793447_368282182_o.jpg

902853_665747773460116_207929841_o.jpg

Looks great, but are you saying you're not going to be riding it? I guess it's for a shop then?

Have you sat on it, because that saddle looks like a weapon of (m)ass destruction :LOL:.

Regards

Looks good for a 29er (I assume that's what it is?)

I'm just about to build a pair of ZTR Crest wheels and try tubeless for the first time with Schwalbe tubeless-ready tyres, so I'd be interested to know whether the beads seated easily for you?

I would have preferred Arch EX though, just because the maximum tension is greater and the lack of eyelets makes me nervous! Crest have a maximum of 95kgf, but I have no means of measuring - is 95kgf quite tight?

Yes it's a 29er.

Wheels are factory Hoops.

I just measured the tension front and rear with my Hozan tensiometer - and front wheel is tensioned around 90. Rear wheel around 50.

You'll struggle to get much tighter than that with non-hex headed nipples anyway so no worry.

Crest is just a lot more flexy generally than Arch. No eyelets on Arch either though.

Beads seated fairly easily but you need to pump very hard - harder than recommended to get them in place - so be careful.

Next experiment will be with Halo tubeless-ready rims, with eyelets.

Back