i'm losing my job . . .

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
well the chemical plant i work for is closing down, i got a call late last night, went in this morning, found it is true.

4-6 months work left at the most

i'm not looking for sympathy as such, frankly i didn't like the job anyway, the money was good and the time off was great but most of the people i worked with were simply not particularly nice people which made me resent being there.

i am in a slightly better position than most in that i don't have a wife, kids, or mortgage and i currently have no debt, so with the prospect of being able to save most of my wages over the next few months leaves me a bit of breathing space to find something.

i may go back to the bike trade, temporarily or maybe permanently, i liked it there, the people were generally good and it was a low stress chilled environment.

i have already had one temporary job offer from a friends dad, which is available to me as and when the plant does close so i'm not to worried, might have to reign in the bike buying for a while though!

shit happens. :|

Well i'll be damned, I've just put 2 and 2 together......... Mind drifts off with Fond memories of monsieur Allan's fine cycle emporium of Shirley..... Mr Herring I presume?

Kult Friction":1gfdqifz said:
Well i'll be damned, I've just put 2 and 2 together......... Mind drifts off with Fond memories of monsieur Allan's fine cycle emporium of Shirley..... Mr Herring I presume?

yeah, it's me, who's that?

Awesome, Been a long time fella.

It's Lee, I used to work at john lewis (tyrell and green as it was to us southampton folk) bitd in the west quay warehouse when I was 16, would have been '96/97 (had a specialized hardrock ultra at the time which I spent all my wages decking in full m900, rc35's, Pace renthal bars... Had to be the most bling hardrock out there....Should of been the hardrock uber, madness really but wish I still had it :roll: )

If you remember I worked with Kev who you sold your explosif to, then I later worked up at the store with your brother Si in the sports dept, Then proceeded to line Garys till for the next few years until moving to pastures new.

Sorry to hear your news btw mate, thats harsh but at least you're being positive about it, something will come up. I guess a return to JLP isn't interesting you then....... Remember the lovely head to toe green uniforms we had :LOL:

hey lee,

not so much positive, more a forced change that i don't really mind is happening. i know that sounds a little weird but i only ever went to work there because it was better money, the job never interested me and since i have been on the plant as opposed to in the lab i haven't liked it at all. also there is a lot of bitching which i really don't like. i suppose it's sort of a good thing because it'll make me look elsewhere, i am going to stay as long as possible though as the money is still good for the time being.

we'll see what happens over the next month or so and go from there.

JLP would be a last resort but i wouldn't be upset going back there if i had to. well money wise i would but money isn't everything.

Well, I wish you all the best mate and it's cool to find you on here, should of known really! I've got you on my facebook but i haven't been in there in maybe 5-6-7? years, should catch up for a ride/beer next time i'm down south visiting the folks, be good to see your brother also, pass on my regards next time you see him. All the best mate.

Back