Nishiki Cascade ~92/93 - E-Stay Frame - East Sussex

No serial number and the pics above are the distinguishing features that you can't see in the pics at the top. The mechs are DX.

Come on then combined retrobike brainpower - what
is it? Cascade? Ariel? Alien? A Nishiki at all (certainly looks like one!)?

And is that (whatever it is) a good thing?

Doesn't feel too heavy but no superlight. I forgot the tap test but I assume it's butted cromo.

To keep things orderly could you post replies here (new thread in mtb chat)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273565

That's a Cascade mate, you can tell by the curly rear brake cable router, I was working Tonight on my Blue one I just picked up, anD its identical
:D

ooooo true, well it could be either then, but at least it boil's the mystery down to 2 models and one brand :D
I'll grab some pics of mine in a week or so, I've just stripped it to give it a good de-gunging.

I brought mine from an American guy who lives here in Dunedin, he brought it new in Missouri and brought it with him when he immigrated to NZ,

Still had the "Bike Licence" ?? on it, I feel terribly ripped off as I paid twice as much as you for mine - a tenner ;) ;) ;)

Just to satisfy your curiosity ;) - here's a pic of it as purchased and uncleaned with years of dust and crap, Has the original Ritchey Kevlar Magebite tyres with the wee rubber tags still on them, the guy said he only rode it a handfull of times and any scratches on it are from storage,

cheers man

Attachments

• 285532155.jpg
    285532155.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 608
I'll give you a fiver for the chainset - its the wrong one anyway! ;)

What a bargain. Not even far from me so I can only imagine I was ill when this was on ebay! :(

Haha yeah I was quite chuffed :cool:

I thought the chainset was about the right era but I did wonder if it was original given the other bits are shimano. Should it have been dx? What's your authority (not doubting just haven't found much info)?

Back