November 2013 Nominations Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bikes all of them, but invariably competitions like these are won by the clarity of the photography and not the quality of the metalwork, if your bike blends into the background then you don't have a chance against a bike photographed against a neutral backdrop.

So, stop photographing your bikes against the bushes and put them against a wall instead. Take a look at the road section October bike of the month to see what I mean. One bike stood out clearly and the others were in the shrubbery :roll:

Just my thoughts and good luck all.

videojetman":3dduq7aa said:
will people stop spoiling these threads,
i for one like looking at the bikes, but the bitchiness really is spoiling it.

absolutely right,

any chance you guys can just leave it out? when just a few people start arguing like this it gets old really quick. last wording and loads of quoting is really not needed and doesn't add anything worthwhile to the thread.

sinnerman":2f69fmmg said:
al-onestare":2f69fmmg said:
sinnerman":2f69fmmg said:
And the Pros Closet steps into the ring with a well purchased piece of bicycle Heritage.

Forgive my frankness, but chasing a "RETROBIKE" title such as BOTM, would be quite an Acolade to add to your Business model, boosting your Credibility in the Used bike sales market no end in my opinion..... ;)

Whether or not you have an Agenda or not is irrelevant..................... "ITS ALL ABOUT THE BIKE" not the owner/s/Company.

So on that NOTE, so Far the FAT steals the Show.

:cool:

Interested to see what the opinions are on this and if they have changed since I raised it a few months back. Is the general consensus to step up to the challenge still the overall view?

Step up to what challenge....?... :?

Have a read of the May nomination thread and Ned's bike from PC:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=254388

In the end it boiled down to me (and maybe a few others) questioning whether we were heading down a slippery path of stores and traders entering super-rare machines, against the general public who may not have the contacts or in some cases, the wallet to match.

In hindsight, I can see both sides of the argument now. The general consensus was, step up and see if you can beat the standards set. Also, that it's completely up to the forum members to vote for what they want and if we use May as an example, Ned's stunning machine didn't trouble the top 3. In fact, take a look at some of your comments from previous nominations, say June, where you're very clear in your usual keyboard warrior CAPITAL LETTER FRENZY style, that we can chose to vote for what we want ;)

It looks like you're coming from a different angle; in your eyes a company trying to win a competition and somehow linking that to potential marketing. If that's the case then we better all stop what we're doing since all of our bikes, all of our components and pretty much everything we do here advertises a brand. John may as well shut up shop!

Oh, and posting PM's is pretty poor form.

rumpfy":2f69fmmg said:
Can we all just agree that I'm right all the time? :p

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!

videojetman":2a1n38fw said:

Can anybody identify the common factor when it all goes pear shaped?

The History Man":24pw7nwk said:
videojetman":24pw7nwk said:

Can anybody identify the common factor when it all goes pear shaped?

<I think we all know, it didn't need to be pointed out>

<It's funny because it's true, etc, etc>

:facepalm:

I'm not sure that "but Sir, he started it" adds anything or will take this thread in a productive direction.

As jonnyboy says above, let's keep on topic rather than spiral off at a bickering tangent and with some top entries this month already it's shaping up really well.

Last comment from me.

It's not a "he started it" issue, it is merely inferring the identity of a common factor that leads this type of bickering to the point where it detracts from the purpose of the thread, whether it be BOTM or something else.

As for "I think we all know", I rest my case.

For evil to flourish, all it takes is for good men to do nothing. or something like that. Bit strong but you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back