CODE BLUE! CODE BLUE!

FMJ":3c8w8t4g said:
Retro_Roy":3c8w8t4g said:
great score on the brodie. :shock:
what is the serial number?
are you planning on keeping it? :) :oops:
roy

I looked for a number last night in all the usual places and couldnt find anything. It still has the Art Dept. and Brodie Tubing "Escher" stickers, so it's original paint and the numbers shouldnt be covered up. As far as keeping it, it's way too big for me, so if I do build it up, it will sit in the garage as a conversation piece. I knew my buddy had it (his brother had 4 Brodies, one of which is hanging up in my hallway). I had no idea I was getting it till it was pulled out of the trunk of my buddy's car.

Well if you ever decide to sell it It looks to be a great fit for me and we are in the same country. My parents are from the hammer, but live east of TO now.

Took some better pics of the Brodie. Found the serial number on the bottom of the BB under some mung - # 1223. Size I got with my incredibly accurate Stanley measuring tape - 20" C- C (effective).

CM1_zps0164b06f.jpg

CM2_zps7109fbe1.jpg

CM4_zps5995a105.jpg

CM3_zps2d4c88f7.jpg

GB2_zps6f1d9e89.jpg

GB1_zpsefd83d1e.jpg

Very cool. I keep dreaming of having a "real" Brodie. Surprised its a 20 inch frame - that is one long steerer! Definitely needs a paintjob or powdercoating.

Kijiji can be a minefield of retreads. It was a week and a half of back and forth emails, price fluctuations, and cancelled meets before my buddy finally got the bike I bought in his possession. That said, I've had a lot of good dealings on Kijiji with straight up people. Meet the next day, exchange $$$ for goods, nice meetin' ya. I have a couple of hot spots I concentrate on where people either don't realize what they have or know what they have, but just don't care. When I bought my home gym I went to the guy's hose. His living room was the same square footage as my house. The sun room off the living room was the same square footage as my house. He said he could ask more for it, but he just wanted someone to say they'd come get it, show up with a truck that day, and take it away ( he was building a 50'x40' bedroom in the basement for his son and it was in the way).

Back