To 'bling' a Zaskar - what would you do?

Put non-Zaskar decals on it, say from a lower model in the range and then sell it on eBay. Then we'll all have a good laugh at yet another 'is it a Zaskar?' thread from the new owner. ;)

SP

Splatter Paint":1qtgdp56 said:
Put non-Zaskar decals on it, say from a lower model in the range and then sell it on eBay. Then we'll all have a good laugh at yet another 'is it a Zaskar?' thread from the new owner. ;)

SP

I started a thread like that once after buying a £35 BSO off ebay based on terrible pics. I had been convinced it was a a pukka zaskar and sure enough it turned out to be the real thing with full M730/732 and a few other nice bits. I got some good advice off people on here with my build on that thread - which was pretty cool as far as I'm concerned :)

If you could have a good laugh at that then, erm........ fair play to you. It's probably some clever in joke that I don't get, but hey ho. :facepalm:

Back on topic.... LGF - I'd polish it very thoroughly, and build it up with clean bits. No bling required on a polished frame IMO. Note: not ball burnished finish - POLISHED.

Pearl white frame, pace carbon forks, full xtr m900 grey, carbon bars and seatpost, black hope hubs black spokes white Sun ringle inferno rims.

carbon stickers

I was referring to the sheer number of 'is it a Zaskar?' threads that have graced these pages over the years, quite a few with old tat in. It would be ironic (in my opinion) to pass a real Zaskar off as a low-end model, unless you really did want a low end model for whatever reason and got something which you didn't want - which would be pretty galling...

Paint it matte black with a spray can (over the components too obviously) or perhaps even with a paint brush and fit 100GS on it, just to upset folk.... :roll:

SP

I would never powdercoat a ball-burnished Zaskar. If you want it black, why not get it anodized in black. This will also save you weight.

For the rest of the build: peru73 in the German forum is building a black Psyclone (steel, fillet brazed) with golden parts, calling it "John Player Special" - veery special.

p5pb10003154.jpg

10514671775_c46001c5e5_b.jpg

Or: ball-burnished Zaskars go very good with lots of anodized stuff. This was one project of mine:

large_Foto2.JPG

And this is thomasg2466' Zaskar:

large_ibc.JPG

I'm tempted to get my Zaskar re-annodized. I'm a bit hesitant to do it because of the blemishes on the frame. I figure powder coating will allow me to hide them easier. What do you do about the chain slap marks and scratches? Ssand them down with fine grained wet/dry before you bring it in for re-annodizing? With powdercoating I assume I'd just sand and fill and sand before I brought it to the powdercoater.

Back