1990 Fat City Team Comp "Heidi"

Thanks so much guys. I've been very lucky and thanks to a lot of you guys, I've had some great opportunities to get some great bikes. Plus I'm not very tall so it's been easier to get these smaller frames.

I appreciate all the good words. Thank you!

chefmiguel":1iwlmcsb said:
Big fan of Campy, Fats and custom paint. This is a favorite of mine.

I don't actually know much about the Campagnolo stuff but the bike supposedly has Campagnolo’s prototype mountain components, pre-dating their Euclid gruppo.

Bryncrug72":1iwlmcsb said:
Don't ever change it !

Don't worry. I am not changing a thing. I do have a Campagnolo seatpost for it but have left it as I got it for the most part.

I'm going to clean it up and take care of the ferrules and cables and cable ends this winter.

Thanks for all the comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Here is the woman that this bike was made for: Heidi, a founding member of the New England Mountain Bike Association (NEMBA), and a Fat Chance team rider. Thanks, MrDangerPants for the photo.
665795d1326322470-official-fat-chance-thread-heididavis.gif

Bryncrug72":22yuq8mx said:
Don't ever change it !

Don't worry. I am not changing a thing. I do have a Campagnolo seatpost for it but have left it as I got it for the most part.

I'm going to clean it up and take care of the ferrules and cables and cable ends

Cool :cool: that has to be the best Fat I've ever seen , not pristine but perfect !

wow, that's beautiful. how does one give up something with such a history and personal touch like that in the first place?

RockiMtn":3hypyzpj said:
wow, that's beautiful. how does one give up something with such a history and personal touch like that in the first place?

I did get a chance to exchange some emails with Heidi. MrDangerPants is a friend of hers and he's a VRC guy so when he saw it, he said he knew whose bike it was. I asked him to ask her if it was okay if he gave me her email address so I could personally thank her. She kindly said yes.

It was a consignment and I know she was sad to let it go. She held onto it for over twenty years - after many things in her life had changed and she still held on to it. It wasn't easy. She said her kid (that you see in the picture above) is now all grown and that her lifestyle has just changed over time and she wanted it to go to somebody that would appreciate it. I told her I would take care of it and that's what I intend to do.

I hope I made her feel secure in her decision to let it go. If she ever wanted it back, I would gladly give it to her.

Back