Pinerello Monviso - built and ridden

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well I just bought this of a RBer. It is a mid ninties Pinerello Monviso with Oria tubing. It is the seller who said it's mid ninties, the colour means it probably is.

Some photo's of the beinging of the build. The NOS dura ace 7410 headset I have won't fit as it has a 27.0mm crown race so I am having to slum it with a 105 headset.

The groupset will be a 7402/3 groupset. The cranks are already fitted (7402) with 53/39T chainrings. The 7400 BB I have in mint condition is a BSA so once again I have had to slum it with an NOS 6400 BB in Italian thread.
I lack a dura ace stem so I have bought a Nitto Dynamic stem instead and the last NOS Deda 215 HPS bars in 44cm that are available to me.[/url]

The brakes will be 7403 and new, the shifter will be Dura ace STI's which are a little grubby but they are all I have. The hubs will be 7403 8 speed HG and I even have an NOS 7401 chain. I will have to use a HG50 cassette though. I will be building wheels for this and I will use Ambrosio Chrono rims (tubular) and fit Vittoria Pave tyres.

It should look lovely when done and I will enoy riding on that ride London 100 that I have managed to get a last minute place on with my local club.

Re: Pinerello Monviso

It built and the first ride -126miles went well. It soaked up the rough roads well but is probably the tyres.

Build spec
Dura ace AX seat post
Sella Italia Flite 1990 saddle -new
Deda 215 polished silver bars -new
Nitto Dynamic stem 110mm - new
Dura ace 7403 shifter - used but good
Dura ace 7402 crankset 53/39T Dura ace rings -used but good.
Dura ace 7402 rear mech - used but good
Dura ace 7400 front mech - used but good
7403 brakes -NOS
HG50 12-21T cassette
KMC 8-93 chain (I have an NOS 7401 chain but I am waiting to find a good dura ace cassette to go with that).
7401 pedals - used but good
105 headser - used but good
6400 BB Italain thread -NOS
Dura ace 7403 hubs 32F/36R
Ambrosio Nemesis rims - new
Sapim Laser spoke/brass nipples.
Vittorio Pave tubular tyres
Arundel stainless steel bottle cages
Saddle bag has a spare tub in it and some Pitstop, inflator and CO2 canisters, kind of useful for running tubs.

I really like this.

Only see the first image of a rather untidy looking garage..........

I cleared out my photobucket libary seeing as the thread seemed dead. I do another photo though seeing as I have put a new stem on it. Messy I won't even respond to that Nob.

yeah , i dont always check the date of posting of topics. the paintwork looked pretty, so i became interested to see
if it had any air brush work . mig' indurain rode pinerello s , and that must have been good advertising for them.the white one.
another make i wouldnt mind owning for a while and trying out is bottechia slx would be nice.
' bnop ' your trek sounds good [ because of the weight] 2300 i always dreamt of owning [and some times the giant cfr which now 20 yrs on, well within my grasp but should i sale above them and save for the c40?] , if you havent already. It would be nice to see in 'readers bikes ' please.
well done on the w site 'nob' i must check out 'stallion cycles ' see if they have a w site and also see how g obree is getting on with his project , by.

Latest posts

Back