Ti road frames

Monty Dog

As mentioned in a previous post Kevin Winter might build in Titanium in the UK

Shaun

It always makes me smile when some folk turn their noses up at made in China......a Ming vase holds its value rather well . ;)

bagpuss":irmd0pt1 said:
It always makes me smile when some folk turn their noses up at made in China......a Ming vase holds its value rather well . ;)

Just so, Paul!

Well, I hope?

dave j

Hello Dave :D

Great to hear from you . Yes I am fine . Still clocking up the miles and bu££ering about with old bikes. :facepalm: Trust you are well.

I have a lynskey cooper and I've never been faster, even when I'm not trying.
comfy too.
I had an airborne lancer before and that was alright but lacked the zip of the cooper.

I suspect this may be felt to be too downmarket but I have been riding a titanium Audax frame from Spa Cycles for the last 18 months and can't fault it for its price. I would post a picture of my build but I am currently not with the bike.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php ... 0s143p2371

I bought the frame only for £750 and built it up with Columbus Minimal carbon forks and a mixture of Hope headset and stem, Cinelli bars, Mavic Open Pro rims, Campagnolo Record hubs and Record Triple crankset and Chorus 10 speed shifters and brakes and Campagnolo Comp Triple front and rear mechs and Brooks saddle.

I've seen a few of those Spa frames and they look extremely tidy. While they don't have that extreme tube forming like some Lynskeys, they have a nice understated purposeful look to them.

I've also got a custom Chinese job: bought it second hand for £200 with carbon forks and a Record headset.

Yet to build it up, but the quality of the welds is impressive!

I am polishing it with 320 grit, followed by red and grey Scotchbrite.

ScillySuffolk":24nhumvl said:
I am polishing it with 320 grit, followed by red and grey Scotchbrite.
very good, and not knocking it, but I much prefer the matt finished, unpolished titanium frames. The polished ones remind me of the unbranded polished alu frames

I have a thing for polishing stuff: got a beat-up pair of Ultra-Torgue cranks which I'll strip and polish for it.

If it doesn't work, it'll be quite straightforward to restore the matt finish.

Back