And today I did......

Must admit Keith I was surprised its taken you this long to come a proper cropper. You often attempt stuff I'll happily walk around. Look after yourself, recovery is often frustratingly slow but dont do anything silly like returning before your ready ;)

Today i decided to get the white elephant of my bike collection built up and in use. If you have lots of things there's always something that makes you think, what was I on when I decided to buy that. For me its my Dahon Matrix folding mtb and I've never properly built it beyond single speed stage for a try out around the backstreets. Now with the onset of winter building stuff indoors seems more fun so finally I've decided to get it built. By my standards its modern, integrated AHeadset, disc specific frame, lots of welded gussets etc from 2008. Might debut it at Clubby's Trails if only because the fold might get it through train system if train busy.
Reasonably confident it wont fold in half mid ride :LOL:

velomaniac":3iv1w1a9 said:
Today i decided to get the white elephant of my bike collection built up and in use. If you have lots of things there's always something that makes you think, what was I on when I decided to buy that. For me its my Dahon Matrix folding mtb and I've never properly built it beyond single speed stage for a try out around the backstreets. Now with the onset of winter building stuff indoors seems more fun so finally I've decided to get it built. By my standards its modern, integrated AHeadset, disc specific frame, lots of welded gussets etc from 2008. Might debut it at Clubby's Trails if only because the fold might get it through train system if train busy.
Reasonably confident it wont fold in half mid ride :LOL:

Are you keeping the kickstand :? I think you should :D

Seriously . It comes in at 32+lbs No doubt you can shave a large part of that off. Rigid ?

keithyr":3iv1w1a9 said:
RobMac":3iv1w1a9 said:
Ah they would be handy Andy :facepalm:

Aye they do a job Rob :oops:

Oh Dear God :facepalm:

Doesn't have a kickstand and 32 lbs OK, most of my old steel bikes weigh that much or more :LOL:
Not going rigid, my old Manitou six will fit nicely.

Ordered a genuine Dahon Headset, not up on hidden headsets so thought it best to go with the one designed for the bike. Why do they have to keep trying new stuff, whats wrong with a standard 1&1/8th inch headset, thats a rhetorical question, its obviously just about fleecing more moolah out the punters :roll:

velomaniac":1jhug85h said:
Doesn't have a kickstand and 32 lbs OK, most of my old steel bikes weigh that much or more :LOL:
Not going rigid, my old Manitou six will fit nicely.

Ordered a genuine Dahon Headset, not up on hidden headsets so thought it best to go with the one designed for the bike. Why do they have to keep trying new stuff, whats wrong with a standard 1&1/8th inch headset, thats a rhetorical question, its obviously just about fleecing more moolah out the punters :roll:

Dahons go up mountains ok :)

The more you post epicyclo, the more I'm convinced you're completely mental. The forums definitely a better place with you in it.

47p2":2a59yjsm said:
epicyclo":2a59yjsm said:
Dahons go up mountains ok :)

Perfect then for the Bealach na Bà MacRetro day out next spring :LOL: :LOL:

Oh no, at the speed you guys go, I'll need something a bit nippier.

I've been fettling the Grundleigh-Oldthwatt Sisyphus Scorcher for this very purpose.

Lacking leakproof underwear and the moral fibre to ride a rod brake bike down the Bealach I've tweaked the brakes slightly. They are now cable operated with a drum at the front.

I may also look in my bucket of bits and see if I can find an extra speed or two for it.

And a taster

Back