Emma?

ipad pic. no studio etc. Just mrs HM and i for breakfast. And the four hounds. Lovely. We all share and share alike.

Dry cured bacon that gives off nothing, doesn't shrink and has rind. A whole ring of BP. All local. And tinned plum tomatoes, proper toast with bread from the village baker, followed by toast and seville orange marmalade, fresh coffee, a dog walk and a bike ride (for me). We only do this when we don't fancy a sunday lunch. keeps us going all day.

The History Man":14do72qu said:
The 1881 census records contain no less than nine entries for Different ladies having the retrospective misfortune to have been named Emma Royds.

If one of them dedicated this building we may never know.

9 isn't so many. It's not as though there's, erm, piles of 'em. :oops:

David

The History Man":2gxe4kzi said:
ipad pic. no studio etc. Just mrs HM and i for breakfast. And the four hounds. Lovely. We all share and share alike.

Dry cured bacon that gives off nothing, doesn't shrink and has rind. A whole ring of BP. All local. And tinned plum tomatoes, proper toast with bread from the village baker, followed by toast and seville orange marmalade, fresh coffee, a dog walk and a bike ride (for me). We only do this when we don't fancy a sunday lunch. keeps us going all day.

I used to work at Morrison's deli counter and when people came in and said "What bacon can I get that does not shrink to nothing" I'd say "if you go back into the market square, on the corner there is a lovely bacon shop where they cure their own bacon and smoke it too, guaranteed not to shrink to nothing" I'm sure Morrison's were more than happy with me sending people elsewhere :)

I sent my first born to a private nursery where the manager was called Jenny Taylor

Alison

How do you get pics to come out like that on the iPad? I use one the latest one and there always rubbish?

is it IOS 7.0.2?

They've done something that's improved the pics massively. i have an ipad3

The History Man":37i101x6 said:
I was brought up by Yorkshire women. Proper food. Proper helpings. ;)

That's not my oldest son's experience of Yorkshire women, he's always said how little food his friends parent's serve, and how these parents say what a healthy appetite my son has. My younger son always says he get's mini pizzas and chips or chicken nuggets and chips when he goes to his friends. What ever happened to good wholesome food, properly cooked and served to all members of the family at the same time?

Alison

Alison":3q0oz0fg said:
The History Man":3q0oz0fg said:
I was brought up by Yorkshire women. Proper food. Proper helpings. ;)

That's not my oldest son's experience of Yorkshire women, he's always said how little food his friends parent's serve, and how these parents say what a healthy appetite my son has. My younger son always says he get's mini pizzas and chips or chicken nuggets and chips when he goes to his friends. What ever happened to good wholesome food, properly cooked and served to all members of the family at the same time?

Alison

That's how it still is here in my house. If we're here we all eat together every evening. That's a shame to hear.

Alison":btaa8in3 said:
What ever happened to good wholesome food, properly cooked and served to all members of the family at the same time?

Alison

Family get-togethers with my folks are still like that, even though neither my sister nor I live at home any more (I don't even live in the same county as the rest of my family!!) - not just the special occasions but ordinary midweek evenings too.

David

The History Man":29d1rros said:
is it IOS 7.0.2?

They've done something that's improved the pics massively. i have an ipad3

Yep it's got iOS 7 update? Just takes grainy pics with the rear cam and slightly better with the front?

I can update to 7.0.3 now? Will do it tonight.

Back