And today I did......

highlandsflyer":2dc96krb said:
Do you weld?

Bays are a very simple vehicle to work on, if you have some space why not have a go at it yourself? Whatever you do don't sell it for a song, even rusted out carcasses fetch real money at the moment.

If only I wasn't trying to clear all our projects (read totally neglected vehicles I haven't got round to doing anything with..), I would love to take on a bay as a winter/summer/winter plan!

Is it still drivable?

Driveable in the sense it starts and goes - yes. I think it's saveable but needs huge time/knowledge input which I don't have, or ££££££££££££££ which I don't want to spend on it. I could buy a decent import for 2/3 of the restoration price that's been quoted (by a decent guy BTW)

Its way, way,way beyond my welding capabilities. May try get another quote but it's looking like the end :|

Went to physio the night started treatment on the shoulder, no major issues hopefully

Ribs still sairer than an effin sair thing though..

Gonna content myself with putting the mag 21s on the rts and robs karma touring tyres on the breezer to use as my rehabilitation bike.

Keeping the wife sweet by booking up for NYC for May next year as well.

Nae luck with the tumble Keith.

I've made the decision today to shift my allegiances to full suspension. I've lost my confidence a bit on hard tail and it hurts more the next day after a ride. Looking at a couple of things on here and fired out a wanted ad. No urge to go fully retro but there will be a certain element of it as I don't want to spend over £150 on a frame and that rules out modern unless I get lucky.

Sympathise aboot the sair ribs, ye can put an arm in a sling but yer ribs are on their own.
Nae sneezin and nae coughing, jeez even rolling over in bed is as sair as feck. :roll:

When you say you separated your shoulder, I take it you mean you didn't dislocate it?

I got my elbow dislocated playing rugby a few years ago, took the stookie off myself after 3 days as it was too tight and was able to climb using it a fortnight later. Didn't play again for nearly 3 months. So you might get back on your bike, carefully mind ;) , sooner than you think, well apart fae yer ribs.
It's good that you are getting physio right away to keep the joint mobile, took them about a month to get me seen to. Still can't quite fully straighten my elbow because of that. :facepalm:
My physio was a rather nice blonde female South African lassie, made the pain she inflicted on me easier to take. :oops:
That's the most pain anyone has caused me without them getting a smack in the mooth. :LOL:

lol OCP my physio is a 6ft2 french rugby player and a is a b@stard lol...nah hes really good.

he agreed reckons if no surgery to the shoulder (hes checking with a surgeon mate of his) then 4 weeks it should be fine but the ribs will be 12 weeks.

The lad has been sorting my inner thigh/groinstrain the last month or so and feck me they know how to inflict pain right enough.

I cracked my ribs in May at the velodrome, after 4 weeks I decided I was going to ride again...wrong, the pain was too severe and I had to wait another 2 weeks before I could venture out on the bike and take things easy

Back