Which cleats?which shoes

stonebrokedude

Dirt Disciple
I have have just got hold of an 87 raleigh competition that has 105 pedals with straps. All my other bikes run clipless systems, so are there cleats available for these still? or what should I be looking for on flea bay?
I have some that came off some old sidi's. Oval plastic with a bolt top and bottom would they be ok?
Next obviously I'll need some shoes, any recommendations?
Regards
Peter

The cleats from the Sidi shoes should work as long as the bolt pattern is a match - or better yet if you still have the Sidis use them.

Steven

Hi,

The cleats for the 105s are available - eBay is probably the best place to look. Be warned, they may be expensive as, apparently, track riders like them and they are not in production now. As Steven said, the Sidi ones can work too although i think that my Sidi plates are nailed on and not bolted - probably depends on how old you Sidis are.

Richard

unless you insist on keeping clips and straps,for l'eroica regulations etc,I'd get some early look deltas. You then have the advantages of clipless, cleats are widely available and its still period.

Is this the cleats you are looking for?

Shimano SH PD-64 cleats

If so they are like rocking horse poo, the track guys use them and are almost impossible to find now

deac55aee61b80eebe4fba9b2d02b26c.image.700x524.jpg

Sidis are sadly long gone, after ratchet exploded. Have spoken to lbs and he thinks he can get a cleat that fits modern shoes and the 105's so I'll give that a go, unless anyone has some old style shoes in a size 9 to sell?

A ratchet is broken on your Sidis? They must be newish. Old shoes are available on ebay - and size 9 might be easy enough to find. These are my Sidis

and the plates

The plates are on ebay for around £10 a pair.

Richard

Back