Didn't sell for £100 so this week I'll try for £150....

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No ! Don't do it MJ ,
I'm saving up so I can get it for £400 at the end of the month :shock:
Mike

It seems to be fairly common practice, but I can't really work out why. There's been a few things where I've thought the starting price was too high, they haven't had any bids and the seller has then relisted them again and again, increasing the start price. Maybe so that if they reduce it down to the original start price then it will seem cheaper, though I've not actually seen them do that.

Maybe it's a "perceived value" thing. If it's priced low, people may perceive it as junk and they won't want it, but put a high price on the same item and suddenly it's perceived as valuable and thus desirable.

Either that or the seller is sending a message: If you want it, buy it now, because if you wait until later, the price will go up.

kingoffootball":2xfsjs6s said:
. Maybe so that if they reduce it down to the original start price then it will seem cheaper, though I've not actually seen them do that.

That US accutrax with the teeny steerer seller did that. Nutty. He went as high as $2400 or something. Now nobody wants it.

Latest posts

Back