Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Does anyone know if there is a specific rear mudguard for the C16R? I have a seatpost mounted zefal rm60, but I'd rather have a standard mount mg as I'll be using the bike for the winter commute before it gets some TLC early '14.

Posting my new c16r build at the request of Jussa :cool:
Build thread in the owners section, check it out...

:cool:

Getting mine back soon.... my bro has been trashing it for the last 12 years .... my g/f needs an mtb that fits....,, ha ha.. she may end up with my Stumpy tho.... cant wait to pick it up in a few weeks... photos when it arrives ..

10676129423_89c9593515_b.jpg

on its way to another top 10 position.... still got a lot of that old kit, shoes, Look mtb pedals, gear levers, hat and jersey ... not the fitness though.... :roll:

Hi all,

Been pondering exactly what to do with my C16r (bought new circa 1997 with first ever loan) which I've been neglecting since I bough an Orange G3 a year or so ago (never been happier), so I was thrilled to find retrobike.co.uk and loads of other C16r owners.

I thought I'd remove the Pace RC-36 EVO forks, and put on the original set (just to experience the original ride), and think I have most of the headset parts but definitely missing the balls and races (see attached image).

Grazing through the various posts I saw someone recommend a "great cheap 1" headset would be [from] Chain Reaction Cycles who will take a tenner off your hands for a nice Ritchey Logic one".

Like many I'm learning as I go so any advice on exactly how to get the forks back on the bike would be very much appreciated - is the Ritchey Logic one what I need?

Thanks in advance,

Angus

(sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, new to the forum)

Attachments

• C16r fork.jpg
    C16r fork.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 392
angusgreen":152ds19g said:
Hi all,

Been pondering exactly what to do with my C16r (bought new circa 1997 with first ever loan) which I've been neglecting since I bough an Orange G3 a year or so ago (never been happier), so I was thrilled to find retrobike.co.uk and loads of other C16r owners.

I thought I'd remove the Pace RC-36 EVO forks, and put on the original set (just to experience the original ride), and think I have most of the headset parts but definitely missing the balls and races (see attached image).

Grazing through the various posts I saw someone recommend a "great cheap 1" headset would be [from] Chain Reaction Cycles who will take a tenner off your hands for a nice Ritchey Logic one".

Like many I'm learning as I go so any advice on exactly how to get the forks back on the bike would be very much appreciated - is the Ritchey Logic one what I need?

Thanks in advance,

Angus

(sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, new to the forum)

Hi Angus,

I run a couple of Oranges with the 1" Ritchey Headset, It's very good value for money, or if you wanted to put a wanted Ad up on the forum you may be able to get a decent used STX, LX Headset for similar money. Look forward to hearing more about your C16R and its rebuild.

Jussa :D

Wouldn't a 1" be for an earlier bike thAn 97? I would think 1 1/8" but have someone confirm it rather than taking my word! ;-)

jaypee":155vrcqn said:
Wouldn't a 1" be for an earlier bike thAn 97? I would think 1 1/8" but have someone confirm it rather than taking my word! ;-)

All C16R's are 1", I have a 1997 C16R with 1" :D

jaypee":3p1f31vn said:

My C16-R is a 97 and runs a 1" aheadset.

Back