Ride Suggestions and Planing for 2014

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well its soon come round to that time of year again,

After another successful year of rides and a fantastic National.....

Who has any suggestions for next year ?

We will keep the rides that have become an annual events but... would also like to explore some new areas.

Hopefully my self and Marc won't be as busy next year so we can put on a few more rides,

Here's a few pics to remind you of this year.... So far ;)

So let's here you ideas and suggestion's....

My goodness, it does keep coming around. Good! we must be having fun :D

I have two rides nailed on so far, just need a quick recce next year.

Other stuff i'm working on are..

York cycle show (depends on show/jumble actually being on).
Harewood house to coincide with tour de france route. The route will cross paths with 'le tour' and may see us spectate some of it. However i have no idea how this may affect the currect access roads and country ways....mmmm...will know more next year.
A winter ride that will be york based but needs work. 2104 i expect jan/feb.

Also a ride in the hudddersfield moors that could see a NW team-up.

The above are mainly suggestions to myself :LOL: I'm on it. And i'm hoping spring comes around earlier, march, april will suffuce unlike the second week in may like this year!

York Cycle Show has disbanded as far as I know and now comes under a different name. They are trying to get something organised with the Tour of 'im lost in England for some reason' France

Ideas..

N-NYMOORS
E-NYMOORS
S-NYMOORS
W-NYMOORS

Dales

and whatever can be found around the Leed-York and other West Riding areas.

Just remembered, matthews has passed info to me about a route around the bradford/pudsey area. Probably no winter ride, unless frozen dry.

Although almost any month should be good unless there is a flood issue. Kirkstall abbey ought to part of the ride too. Henry VIII disapproved of it's existence but, i think it's rather nice. :)

I could probably sort a Skipton/Settle/Malham ish ride at some point chaps. Busy year this year but I've got a working retro steed again so it'd be good to catch up. Not on the site as much as I used to be but give us a prod if you want it sorting.

I'm hoping both the Holmfirth and Goathland rides are going to become permanent fixtures on your calendar Vern, superb rides the pair of them :D

Anyone have any thoughts on January's ride... or should we run the Ravenscar ride again ?

Maybe a trail centre (Dalby, Hamsterley, Gisburn) ??

Your thoughts please :xmas-big-grin:

cheers kaya

I've heard good things about gisburn, some exciting sections i've been told.

On the 4th jan 2014 i'm doing a lone recce on a cycle track in york. If i like what i see it can be thrown on the calendar late jan or february. I will report back on that ;)

Back