Mayhem camping

slinky182

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I wanna camp over at Mountain Mayhem but I cant find any info about it. Is it too late to camp and is there a retro bike camp?

From what I have read its all free and just turn up into the camping area?!? Hoping to do the same if the weather is approving enough for the mrs :roll:

Cool. Will you be going on the Friday evening? Looks like Ill be going on my own so it'd be nice to meet up with someone. Bought myself a nice camping bbq and everything!

It's a free for all - although the Retrobike massive will be down there from Thursday afternoon onwards looking for the best spots!

The plan is to have a Sports Casuals mess tent trackside, where we can lounge about and support our boys and girls (including Gus... ;-) ); and a tented village like last year, a Retrobiker village if you will, in a quieter part of town...

Of course there will be our official show tent too, within all the trade tents somewhere, so if you have a retrobike you have just built or cleaned up, bring it and we'll show it!

There will be a Retrobike Sports Casuals VIP party at some stage on Friday evening - so bring a beer or two and your sausages for the BBQ - dress code strictly retro... :)

It should be said - this event is one of the best for casual attenders - lots to do and see - even for girlfriends! Fun fairs and open air films through the night, good toilets, food all night etc....

Mr K

Cool! Ill come on the Thursday then instead. Will I be able to find the retrobike massive easily enough when I get there? And when you say retro dress code for the evening, is it retro cycling gear or just retro in general?

Thursday will be low key... Friday, you can interpret the invite as you will... :)

Best start by finding the show tent I guess or hassle people with 10 year old + bikes...

Mr K

Mayhem

I wish I'd built one of my bloody retro bikes up now. Got a Dyna tech with a full ( everything!) NOS M700 XT groupo, but the frame needs restoration before building, and a Manitou FS with no wheels!

lots to do and see - even for girlfriends! Fun fairs and open air films through the night, good toilets, food all night etc

This is what I wanted to hear!! My girlfriend is not a biker at all ( Yet ;) )

May be over....boss"O"boss permitting.
Great event...if the weathers kind!!!.... It was this time last year that I discovered the Retrobike stand. After discussing the benifits of upsidedown thumb shifters... this is where I am today!! :D
Got clipped on the bar end on course and was knocked off into the ferns down a bank.... a guy from Evans cycles stopped to help me out and then said " Don't worry about him.... I'll soon catch him up!! "... much respect :D

... Enjoy :D

mayhem

Im gonna bring the Mrs now as well. Sounds like she'd enjoy it. Will the retro posse be camping in the same area?

Back