Anyone here get this? (Titan Half Trac)

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I saw this on Gumtree in Australia and emailed the seller. Then I checked the site 2 hours later and it was GONE. :(

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-detail ... 1030681861

Original stem, original forks :shock: . Maybe seller had second thoughts about the price and pulled the ad after I let him know that someone from USA was willing to buy and cover shipping...

...or maybe someone here got it? Arran?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!qEFJrRPH)DvBSbdWF)5Cw~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!qEFJrRPH)DvBSbdWF)5Cw~~48_20.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 837
  • $T2eC16FHJFoFH4z3YdQWBSbdVwDDog~~48_20.jpg
    $T2eC16FHJFoFH4z3YdQWBSbdVwDDog~~48_20.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 837
  • $(KGrHqF,!k0FJ,bPYiJgBSbdV(8CyQ~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!k0FJ,bPYiJgBSbdV(8CyQ~~48_20.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 841
Hiya Roy.

Seller never answered my email, so I don't know anything else about it, and as I recall, he didn't have a price on it. It just said something like "open to offers". Maybe it was taken down because it didn't have a price?

It's hard to tell from the pics, but maybe it's the same color as yours, only photo'd in dim light?

Cheers,
Frank

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

Son of a... Clearly, it wasn't me... :facepalm:

Any chance of PMing me the seller's details if you have them???

Arran":16asysz0 said:
Aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

Son of a... Clearly, it wasn't me... :facepalm:

Any chance of PMing me the seller's details if you have them???
Nah, sorry, I don't have that info. Many times I'll take a screenshot of an auction for that exact purpose, so I can have sellers info after auction ends, but I neglected to do so in this instance. I'll be sure to do that first thing from now on.

This one seemed to disappear soon after it appeared. If I see it again, I'll let you know.

It resurfaced briefly last night on Fleabay, minus it's groupset & wheels. I contacted the seller & by the time I read his reply email telling me to 'make him an offer he couldn't refuse' the ad had been removed. I guess someone (not me) made him an acceptable offer... Meh.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Tita ... &rt=nc

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
After a great deal of campaigning it looks like I've secured the frame, fork, h/s, pillar, stem & bars from this bike! All things going to plan I should have it in my greasy little mitts by the middle of next week.

Some years ago I bought a copy of MBA's December '89 edition for the 1/2 Trac test ride article in anticipation of eventually procuring one so tonight I scanned it. Good things come to those who wait... :xmas-big-grin:

Thanks for the heads up good Sir!

...& higher res images of pg's 4 & 6:

hi
good score mate.
thanks loads for scanning the article.
interesting bit of reading that is.
i'm wondering if that test bike was a pre-production example.
the decals it's sporting are the titan bmx style.
not the ones commonly seen on the 1/2 trac.
be sure and start a build thread when it arrives.
we can compare notes. :)
roy

That's great! Congratulations! :cool:
I'm glad it's in good hands, although admittedly, I wish it were MY hands. :(

It's fortunate that you were able to see that eBay auction while it was active. Although eBay links stay active for quite awhile (years in some cases), trying to find them after they've expired is IMHO virtually impossible unless you saved the link while it was active or can remember the seller's eBay Username. Good bit of sleuthing on your part!

Thanks also for the scans. I'll be adding them to my e-stay photo archive.

Back