Recently acquired Sovereign need experts please

JSO

Retro Guru
Just acquired this and there was some debate as to the age.
Serial Number reads 2175
Purchased form the original owner who ordered the custom splatter paint.
I ask because my build plans are determined by the age.
Of course my druthers would be a Gatorblade...but with the Gold splatter I was thinking about a White Bros SC70 (not period correct) or a a Mag. :oops:
I do know that I want to use as much Syncros as humanly possible!
Any Canadian Experts out there?
Thanks in advance.

Nice frame :cool: I am going to take an educated guess at it being a 1992 frame based on other frame numbers, maybe an early 1993.

raidan73":37i6m8vd said:
Nice frame :cool: I am going to take an educated guess at it being a 1992 frame based on other frame numbers, maybe an early 1993.

Thanks! Looks like the White Bros is out and the elusive Gatorblade is now on my daily search routine.

Anymore info out there? Who painted? What the build should entail? History etc....

raidan73":cinrfb0i said:
i'd agree with this guess. good luck on the gatorblade quest.
1 1/8" steer tube for this bad boy?
roy

JSO":s7z293tu said:
raidan73":s7z293tu said:

Thanks! Looks like the White Bros is out and the elusive Gatorblade is now on my daily search routine.

Anymore info out there? Who painted? What the build should entail? History etc....

Not sure if that would've been painted by Art Tyler AKA The Art Dept - Roy could probably tell you.

Brodie's never came equipped with Syncros kit but build it the way you want it I reckon :D A Project 2 fork doesn't look out of place if you want to get it up and running while you hunt for the Gator.

raidan73":2n0jg2u3 said:
Brodie's never came equipped with Syncros kit but build it the way you want it I reckon :D A Project 2 fork doesn't look out of place if you want to get it up and running while you hunt for the Gator.

Thanks for that info...my Syncros parts (crank, BB, stem) are mostly from 1994 and newer so I guess they wouldnt work anyways.

Really back to square one on this.

To me it is screaming black components and a gold painted to match stem and fork. However I cant see me painting a perfectly good Gatorblade for this build. ( I wouldnt have the nerve). So maybe a project 2 would work.

Sir..... you have kahunas the size of cataloupes! :shock:

Those gatorblades come around once a year and when they do they command a hefty price.

Again...I wouldnt have the nerve to paint a pair.

BUt with that said I have admired yours many times.

It looks like a project 2 may be in my future :roll:

hi
tell ya what, i'll add you to the list of people i'm looking for gatorblades for.
it's really a short list. who knows. better than no one looking for you. :)
you never did say if it was 1" or 1 1/8" head tube.
roy

RR, I looking for a curved gatorblade. Any luck. I heard someone got one.

Back