My suggestion for the next MacRetro Road Ride

I've done that ride on my trusty single speed*. It's a beauty.

I'll be up for it.

*Just afterwards I joined the Slow Bicycle Movement :)

epicyclo":3bxihptc said:
I've done that ride on my trusty single speed*. It's a beauty.

I'll be up for it.

*Just afterwards I joined the Slow Bicycle Movement :)

Epicyclo pm me your profile ......................................... I think weve got a nutter in the camp :shock:

:mrgreen:

I'd need a moutainbike triple and megarange cassete to get up there , and probably a bungee onto a Landy :?

Don't get the wrong idea. There's bits I had to walk - eg the hairpins, and I had a few stops "to take pics" on the way up. :)

Look upon it as an adventure, something to aim for when training through the winter months, a day to remember....well Arran will never be forgotten :shock:

I doubt very much I would do it on a SS but I'm sure a compact gear set would manage to cope

As an ex Applecross resident that drove over that road a lot all I can say is you're mental.

Based on my performance on Arran, I reckon I'll give that a miss. Might give it a go on a motorbike one day but otherwise not got the legs :)

Arran was a nice ride, even in the pouring rain, hail, thunder & lightening,etc. but it wasn't really a challenge.

Bealach na Bà on the other hand would be for me, one hell of a challenge, something to aim for and train for during the winter months hopefully giving me the motivation to get off my ass and pedal harder.

It's something I wanted to do for a while now, I'm definitely going to attempt it within the next 6/8 months and if anyone wishes to tag along they are more than welcome, but do make sure you let yourself know what you're in for ;)

If anyone is up for this event let me know and we can start making arrangements for next year

47p2, dont you ever claim your slow, likely to be at the back etc ever again !!!!
Thats what we got from you on Arran but now you state Arran wasn't really a challenge and now you think we should ride the highland equivalent of Alpine passes.
Your a big fibber, leave being crap and slow to the experts in that field such as me :LOL:

Back