FS: Dave Hinde mtb frame & RST forks

pauluspaolo

Dirt Disciple
Aluminium Dave Hinde mtb frame.

This is now surplus to requirements as I’ve bought a new road bike & am using the components from this to give my other mtb the TLC it deserves. I’ve only ever used it as a road bike so it’s in excellent condition bar some areas of cable/cable tie rub. There are also some stickers on the frame but I’ll leave it up to the new owner to remove these should they wish to do so. I bought the frame new from Dave Hinde’s shop back in the late 80’s/early 90’s (can’t remember exactly when) & built it up myself.

I realise that Dave Hinde doesn’t have the best rep but I never had any problems dealing with either him, or the staff at his shop, & I’ve never had any issues with the bike (though granted I’ve not been hooning around on it off road). The bike was fast enough for me on road tyres, handled well & was very nice to ride.

To give you some idea of the size of the bike: I’m 5’7”, have a 29"/30” inside leg & the bike (on 26” wheels) fitted me fine.

Frame dimensions (all measured centre to centre unless stated otherwise):
Top Tube: 21.5” (540mm).
Seat Tube: 14.5” (336.7mm).
Seat Tube (overall length): 17.5” (440mm).
Bottom Tube: 25” (635mm).
Head Stock length 4 3/8” (110mm).

Features:
V-Brakes mounts at rear (no calliper mounds).
Cable runs on top of the top tube.
Crank included (I had this fitted at my LBS – Shimano probably).
Replaceable rear hanger.
Head set bearings (sealed cartridge type) included.
K-Alloy seat tube (31.6mm) & seat tube clamp included.
2 sets of bottle cage mounts – 1 set on seat tube, 1 set on bottom tube.
Mudguard mounts.

I’ll also include a set of RST Launch adjustable suspension forks as I don’t need them anymore - they work fine but, cosmetically, they’re not the best – the steerer tube length is 7.5” (190mm).

I’m looking for offers in the region of £75 & live in Leeds, West Yorkshire (LS27).

I’d, obviously, be happy with cash if collection can be arranged, that way the buyer can examine the frame & forks. If collection isn’t possible then I could possibly post it but I’ve no idea how much postage will be – in this instance payment by Paypal gift or bank transfer would be fine. The frame isn’t heavy (the forks are quite weighty though) & I have a bike box so I could go down this route if there’s no other option.

To be honest this probably isn’t the best time for me to be putting this on the forum as I’m going to be very busy for the next couple of weeks/weekends – but hopefully we can sort something out. I could take it to work (also in Leeds) & it could be picked up from there if a convenient time can be sorted out.

I’m happy to take more photos as required – please let me know - & please contact me if you’re interested.

I’m knackered after writing all that! Many thanks for looking :)

Back from the depths!!

The frame, forks, seat stem etc are still available at £60 - the price isn't set in stone so please send me a message if you're interested - collection preferred but postage a possibility :)

Despite a couple of nibbles this is all still available for £60.

I've boxed the frame up (without the forks) & it weighs just under 6kg, according to the Royal Mail website it'll cost around £15 (£13.27 + vat @ 20%) to send via Parcelforce Express 48 - this service offers guaranteed delivery within 2 days, tracking & £100 compensation. If you want the forks as well then I'll send them seperately (using the same 48 hour service) & will pay for the postage.

Many thanks :)

Back