Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ AFTERMATH

Re: Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ AFTERMA

Wheel. Been trying to break 50 on an MTB down there for a while. 48.5 on the pioneer is my best. Nice woodland chicane half way down.

I think that the Darwin effect could come into play for those trying to break 50mph down the Sudeley Hill. The surface is treacherous at the best of times with regular surface water and rubbish washed across from the fields and driveways. In addition, there are mixed cambers, light/shade changes and many of the cars that come up stray due to the lack of lane marking.

I think I clocked 36mph down that road and 47 down Snowshill. More than enough for me. I tend to concentrate on going up hills fast rather than down them ;)

Great ride all round, funny that the memorable bits are the ones where we all suffered...like going up Dovers in that mini-storm, getting back on the bikes after the cafe stop (god, that wind was biting) and then the fun and games battling the elements to get across to the Broadway tower. I think one of fav bits though involved no suffering but was when 'Power thighs' Guvnor pushed his back wheel out on that short sharp hill in the woods and brought about 4 others to a complete stop. Marvellous :)

Great big thanks to Dave and Claire.

Glad to see the "Official Retrobike Road Series Riders" had as challenging and enjoyable run as us MacRetro riders doing our road circuit of Arran at the same time as you.
We got swept over by waves at Whiting Bay, plus Torrential hailstones and thunder and sheet lightning. Great stuff. Roll on the spring though eh chaps ;)

bobbinogs":2vf48q0i said:
I think that the Darwin effect could come into play for those trying to break 50mph down the Sudeley Hill. The surface is treacherous at the best of times with regular surface water and rubbish washed across from the fields and driveways. In addition, there are mixed cambers, light/shade changes and many of the cars that come up stray due to the lack of lane marking.

Let's you know you're alive! Could be temporary :mrgreen:

It's my payback for getting up on the spoonley track around the back of the castle.

Latest posts

Back