Quite annoying.

casper2788

Devout Dirtbag
When you aquire a frame you've always wanted and maticulously building and polishing it up and a part you want you can't get to finish it.I guess it's all part of the experiance and the build up you go through yourself hunting the parts down and the acheivment and satisfaction afterwards.Worth the wait though.

The best things come to those who wait......... Been more than 2 years for me to source a specially rare item but finally landed one & awaiting its arrival

Nob":39cbtgi3 said:
......... Been more than 2 years for me to source a specially rare item but finally landed one & awaiting its arrival

Hope it's a lawn mower so you can tidy up our gardens

I find that if I stop looking, or compromise and use something else, then the exact part just comes my way. Usually this happens when I have moved on and then in the process of building a different bike the bit I needed just appears...

Its frustrating enough waiting for the right part to come up. Then it can be a real challenge trying to tease a detailed condition report, with close up pics etc from what can be a very evasive ebay seller :facepalm:

What's been quite annoying for me is buying a whole bike just for one particular part for another build...then I'm left trying to replace that one part which leads me to buying another whole bike and so on and so forth

Nob":1hpeegdw said:
The best things come to those who wait......... Been more than 2 years for me to source a specially rare item but finally landed one & awaiting its arrival
and what may that be ? six foot tall woman with an endless supply of wealth who will freely say 'yes' to any of your'e questions
smiley-excited002.gif

I'm transfering all my Dura ace groupset from 1990 which is still in top nic onto me carbone TVT92 frame which is mint and was only on display no miles and of course the b/b needs changing so sorted that but need a 25mm seat post i already have a 27.2 post with no marks on it.There is a campag record post up for grabs but not DA so tempted but i think i'll wait just want to get out and try it out.

Ian Raleigh":3p8z4duk said:
casper2788":3p8z4duk said:
but i think i'll wait just want to get out and try it out.
Well I hope the rain clears up soon or ya' bike will be ditched within two miles of Mansfield ;)
I don't go in that direction(nowt against Mansfield) but i have the peak district on my door step.Just want to have spin on it thats all,won't be on it till next year.

Back