gibbles nice shiny next seiko watch.

it was for next years xmas pressies .ive already sorted this years and her birthday next year.you should see the thing up close ..it weighs a ton and makes my monster divers watch look like a midget...i ended up getting her a hand made silver dragon bracelet which i made into a necklace with some celtic bands ...looks very nice.

well this happened this morning.i woke to find the winder sticking out slightly with the time stopped.i gently pushed it back in and nothing happened...the time didnt start up again and the winder just falls back out again aarrrrggghhhhh...

Attachments

• IMG_20131103_114843.jpg
    IMG_20131103_114843.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 88
take it to a decent repairer. may just be a back off, reset the crown retainer, (often a little hole you press into) pop it back in. fingers crossed.

when it goes back in it doesnt release the main hands that wind round so its stuck at doing that.trouble is i cant afford to get it repaired.i was hoping to own it for a bit longer than 3 months before it needed a service grrrr

It's not a big job and as long as you don't do anything else it should be a quick fix for you to do if you have a tool to remove the back.. post a pic of the back and the model details/movement number.

I regularly dismantle and reassemble oldish quartz watches without a problem. that's as long as your prepared to forego the waterproofing.. Seals can be replaced but are not pressure tested at home.

Back