MOTOR CHAT

Mine was on the other side! :LOL:

landy.jpg

Dont think i've anywhere to fit a ball :? , i have the big 'D' shackles anyway for towing/being towed :)

BTW the ball i have on the rear is a cool thing, has a big pull out pin down the centre, called an agricultural hitch (i think ?), never been used, replaced the standard cables for the R clips with bits of chain to bling it up a bit, will post a pic when i get the chance :)

RobMac":odrtufmp said:
I may have found a VW camper, not like the one above I think its the same shape as Jamies :?

Im seriously thinking about having a proper look at the camper this weekend.
So there may be stuff up for sale to generate funds :?
And you know what Im like about selling stuff "I dont".

You're mental. :shock:
If my wife's T25 is anything to go by, you'll never stop spending money on it. :(
Stick with yer retro bikes, easy to work on, keep their value, easy to get spares, AREN'T FECKIN RUST BUCKETS, are faster than the campervan, don't need MOT'd. Oh and did I mention, they're not RUSTBUCKETS?

Having worked on my wife's one EVERY FECKIN YEAR to MOT it, I know that I'd not buy one through choice.
Lorna's one is fairly nippy with a 1.9l waterboxer but the brakes are shite but then you won't want to drive it that fast as it/they drink fuel. Sorry for the rant but I tried to tell my wife what would happen if she got one, she'd spend way more than she thought to keep it going/running. Welding because they're RUSTBUCKETS, terminally worn suspension components, brakes, every part is so old it's had it.
Unless you get one that's been in constant daily use instead of the 6 months in summer then RUSTING all winter, it'll require TLC to get/keep it running like your car. The non-use in winter allows things to seize up like disc calipers, hand-brakes, etc, that would normally work OK if kept in use.

Do you still want one? :LOL:

e14394.gif

Apologies for going off on a rant
e14432.gif
but my wife just drives the 'van
e14392.gif
I've got to fix it.
e14508.gif

Didn't realise how much I'd come to dread working on old cars, that's why the Corrado never got done. :oops:

I can sympathise you wanting a camper, I was the same with Corrado, bought it with VW tinted specs, so if you need any info/help just ask. You might not get the answer you'd like though.
e14482.gif

Sensible hat on. Nothing Mr P or ocp have got to say about their experience of VW camper ownership is all that positive. It just seems like you'd be swapping the retrobike money pit for the VW camper money pit.

Would a modern (and possibly slightly smaller) camper not be a better bet? Something like a Berlingo conversion?

Finally, another one from the Daily Mash: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi ... 0080529986

Like the article says, get a Mazda Bongo Friendee if only for the silly name plus of course japanese build quality and reliability. A coleague had a VW camper, it was rubbish, once the entire side door came off in his hand as he opened it. He now drives the Toyota equivalent, a lesson there I think :LOL:

Back