Cannondale super v700

Andymx52

Retro Newbie
Hi there
I have a standard super v700 and am looking to convert it using up to date forks, shocks and wheels etc...... the bike needs forks to replace the headshock. It needs a modern rear shock although i'm not sure if possible!! Would also like to put some new wheels with disc potential. Some will say just buy new but I love this bike and want to keep using!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!

The answer you're looking for is... Yes you can :LOL:

You'll need some of these http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/product ... tAodoAQAvA
Take out the cannodale headshox and bearings, fit the reducers then it'll take a standard 1.1/8th headset and fork of your choice.
For the rear shock, take the old one out and measure the eye to eye distance (bolt hole to bolt hole) and measure the stroke (the amount of stanchion on the shock) then go hunting for a shock of your choice using those measurements, eg 165mm eye to eye with 37.5mm stroke - that's quite likely around the measurements you'll need looking at my super V here :LOL:

Unfortunately not quite, modern 1.5" is 1.5" ye olde older dale's are 1.56" not much in it but enough to make them incompatible :facepalm:

Thanks for info guys!! Any recommendations on particular parts that will work with this upgrade?? Makes of forks and wheels etc... dont think I should go much above 100mm on travel?? New to this as have been mxing for last 10 years so out of touch with the modern mtb world!!!
cheers

I am doing the opposite and am looking for a stem and bearing cups for the headshock. Will you sell the old ones? Or trade for a reducer set to 1 1/8?

chfs911":3iq7zktr said:
I am doing the opposite and am looking for a stem and bearing cups for the headshock. Will you sell the old ones? Or trade for a reducer set to 1 1/8?

Would be willing to a swap!!
The stem is ok but the bearings were slightly tight. The cups just need a shine...

Great news.
Extracting them will be the next thing Might need the bike shop to press them out?

i'll dig out my frame tomorrow and have a look, I have Coda stem for 1 1/8 too.

chfs911":22a0aoh1 said:
Great news.
Extracting them will be the next thing Might need the bike shop to press them out?

i'll dig out my frame tomorrow and have a look, I have Coda stem for 1 1/8 too.

Excellent I will clean the parts up for you and include bearings if needed!! Could u include the stem also??
Let me know when the bits are ready and we will finalise the details
Thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back