Colnago Thron Super Art Deco Frameset

Huh so looks that Im a idiot and I have bought bike with "broken" frame as I was pretty sure that there should be front mech mounted on band.

Is there any way to fix it? Any advices?

You would need to find out first why the braze on mount was removed. Possibly because it broke off, in which case the seat tube might have been damaged as well.

Got3n,
Lovely looking frame.
I think the most likely cause of the ft mechanism hanger being removed is if it was twisted or knocked- it can be difficult to get it straight . It may well be a previous owner thought it easier to remove the hanger and use a band on mech.
Don't worry too much about it- have a look to see if you can see any damage ( e.g. split, dent ), assuming not, then keep using a band on front mechanism.

David

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Unbelievable - couldn't sell it on here after the damage was identified; so now it's on ebay and no mention of the FD issue...

letape":14csj4i0 said:
Unbelievable - couldn't sell it on here after the damage was identified; so now it's on ebay and no mention of the FD issue...
SWijland":14csj4i0 said:
Nice to see he totally failed to mention the broken off FD mount...

"Is straight, no barrel, no damage, no dents only some a very little sing on the paint due to normal use."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintageo-Retr ... 1246047465

I have already amended description on ebay auction (I have putted it on before I realized that frame should have braze)

I would like to edit description here but I can't.

Really guys I'm trying to cheat anyone especially here where people cut teeth on retro bikes !

Please accept my apologize

New price is 290GBP

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I like the way the photos cleverly skirt round any full on angle of the damage and only give you the furthest away wide shot...

Latest posts

Back