And today I did......

Did you say "these tyres are bald" but the tyres quipped "not as bald as you !" and then you kicked them for the impertinance ?

My VW van has just been declared beyond economical repair :|

Yes it could be done but we're talking the price of a small but comfortable cottage in the cotswolds with several outbuildings and a nice herbaceous border. :shock:

Think ahm gonna have to flog it but its just possible I may recoup my 1990 buying price of £2,495 :|

Probably on the lookout for a replacement 1970s imported Californian or Sarth Effrican bay window van instead. The SA (and Aussie ones I think) come with right hand drive as standard :xmas-wink:

But generally - :| :| :|

Still have the 1967 Land Rover though :twisted:

velomaniac":1u1fnoel said:
Today I went retro in a new purchase that wasn't bike related. Got a 1960's gold plated Swiss self winding watch. Used to own a modern Sekonda self winder untill enevitably I bust it. I've never been satisfied with digital and nowadays like many I use my mob for time checks but I was finding I missed just being able to glance at my wrist. Being a bit slow I never thought I could get a good quality Swiss timepiece for pennies if I went ebay hunting. Self winders if looked after can run forever. So rather pleased with my Montine of Switzerland gold plate gents wrist watch. I hope it keeps working as its older than I am :shock:

Nice one V. :cool:

I like a mechanical watch. Have a couple of automatics and a manual myself, though they probably weren't such good bargains as yours. ;)

Only wear the G-Shock for work and the odd bike ride.

Mr Panda":2kk9o0tk said:
My VW van has just been declared beyond economical repair :|

Yes it could be done but we're talking the price of a small but comfortable cottage in the cotswolds with several outbuildings and a nice herbaceous border. :shock:

Think ahm gonna have to flog it but its just possible I may recoup my 1990 buying price of £2,495 :|

Probably on the lookout for a replacement 1970s imported Californian or Sarth Effrican bay window van instead. The SA (and Aussie ones I think) come with right hand drive as standard :xmas-wink:

But generally - :| :| :|

Still have the 967 Land Rover though :twisted:

Didn't think it looked good. :cry:

But if you can still get your 1990 purchase price then it is fresh proof the world has gone mad! :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back