Fat Chance 1992 Yo Eddy Rebuild

He's back ....

And now in tri colour :cool: You just can't keep a good man down ... :LOL:

Top service from Velocals - very quick to the UK and very good quality :cool:

Check out the nice sharp edges & clear shapes :

It's the best way I could photo them sorry :-( I peeled the backing off one just enough to see the colour and compare to the headset and it's a great match. I covered it up again quickly though and I defo wasn't going to mess around with the camera trying to capture it :LOL:

They are thin, very thin ... :cool: It's easy to tell that as I can't feel the difference between the backing paper and where the decal starts - even with my baby soft 'office skin' fingers ... :LOL:

WD :D

Nice! I really like the font on those letters! Now I want a fat chance too!... man... too many bikes hahaha

She's come a long way for sure, loving the attention to detail and the outcomes so far. Nice detective work on the history, I've no idea if the guy I bought it off obtained it from eBay or if there are more links in the chain though.

Got a bit of time this afternoon so I had a go at the chain stay mess :D

This was the photo from further up the thread somewhere :

DSC08729_zpsf3d0e5e7.jpg

It gets worse before it gets better ...

DSC08891_zps3a78fa87.jpg

But then :

DSC08902_zps644573cf.jpg

DSC08896_zpse0d28fa0.jpg

The camera doesn't pic all the small bits out - there's over 20 small patches of brass :shock:

Great thread, but please don't put disc tabs on that Ti fork, it's not safe, better try to source a steel YO or BOI fork ....... not easy or cheap I know ;)
Good luck with the project

Thanks for the comments :cool: If you have a spare Yo fork (at sensible money :LOL:), please let me know ... ;-)

I got a little garage time tonight so another small repair, unfortunately I thought I had a photo of the (small) dint before I started the repair, but I didn’t … :-(

At least it's got the nice conical form back :

Seat stay next :D

Back