Dodgy Ebay Sellers

chrisv40":13dxwjig said:
Interesting concept but I suspect we all have different experiences with ebay sellers, I have dealt with 'donttellhimpike' on numerous occasions and have great service every time.

Indeed :?

frank.youngman":lj9nw4k2 said:
Is there a thread to list dodgy ebay sellers?

I got a pair of XT Shifters off "only5poundsbuyme" today and they were rubbish.The 7 speed shifter clicks through the first two gears only and then locks solid.Won't even move in non-indexed mode.

I contacted seller immediately and he responded that they weren't defective when they came off his bike and he wasn't going to refund.

Whole thing has been sent to the resolution centre,but sellers like this leave a bad taste in the mouth,should have been warned by his feedback rating.

I have the same issue with the same seller, I won the rear mech, I knew the cage plate was fitted upside down no probs but the plastic cover for the spring between the body and the cage is missing, you can't see in the pic and no mention in listing. I asked for a partial refund, reply was no i dont do refunds it worked when I took off my bike, go and open a case if you want. So I will. :twisted:

Interesting you got the same "standard" response.I have the impression with the thumbshifters that they have been disassembled at some point and not put back together correctly.If he has sent out a rear derailleur with a missing part and upside down assembly perhaps we are dealing with someone who is not a mechanical genius and is using ebay to get rid of his problems.

i also had an issue with "don'ttellempike" whilst a lot of his items now have good pics the descriptions in the text are poor. some photographs of an item were deliberately misleading hiding the true extent of ware and tear - photogrpahs deliberately taken of the good bits and long rare shots of the areas of greatest impact therby downplaying the full extent of any damage. its a shame as a lot of sellers are genuine greed just gets the better of some people I guess

The seller has offered a partial refund of £20 (I paid £26 for the XT shifters) and I have accepted this in order to bring the matter to an end.

Anyone know how to fix the seven speed shifter ?

The front shifter is slightly stiff,probably only needs a quick lubrication.

I cant remember the exact details of my issue but it was a missold xtr rear mech bought for £40 and when it arrived it had no thread left in the backplate for the bottom pulley and the backplate was I think an XT one but I apparently took to long to complain and so he has blocked me from contact on ebay still whats £40 between friends.
At least this thread has got further than my identical thread of about a year ago which was taken down by the mods

frank.youngman":2exix6qw said:
The seller has offered a partial refund of £20 (I paid £26 for the XT shifters) and I have accepted this in order to bring the matter to an end.

Anyone know how to fix the seven speed shifter ?

The front shifter is slightly stiff,probably only needs a quick lubrication.

Sounds a fair enough offer :?
Fixing if fixing is possible would come in the form of a small screwdriver, some spray oil/lube(NOT A DEGREASER) and a cable.
Before starting, put the shifters on top of the radiator so they warm enough to help loosen any old hardened grease.
1. Fit cable
2. Open the case- If it comes completely off then tats better but if it looks like bits will fly out then obviously dont and undo it enough to fit in the nozzel/straw of the lube.
3. Spray in lots of lube but not so much its dripping out.
4. Do up the case
5. Wrap the free end of the cable around your foot and stand on it so it doesnt slip.(This is a sitting down job)
6. Pulling the shifter taut ratchet through the gears. Start off a couple at a time, keep the cable tight, then run through the lot. Try to change gear quite quickly to create a bit of friction.
I agree, the front in many cases doesnt get used so can become 'stuck' in one position. A no problem fix :cool:

Latest update,I have been informed by Paypal that the funds sent by the seller have failed to clear their bank account and I therefore have not received the promised (partial) refund.

How are you doing Vinevo?

Back