My 2001 Rock Lobster winter re-fresh. Now finished!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I decided last month to give my winter bike a well deserved spruce up.
It was built up last year using mainly bits I had kicking about and I've gradually changed bits as I've gone along.
This is how it was - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=224716&hilit=lobster
The original paintwork was getting very tired, so that was the driver behind the following...

Fresh powder-coat

New decals, and helicopter tape to protect them

Headset fitted

More to follow tomorrow :D

Re: My 2001 Rock Lobster winter re-fresh

Looks lovely - a Rock Lobster is a frame I'd like to build up one day, seems like the thinking man's choice amongst steel hardtails!!

Do you know what your frame weighs?

I was going to weigh the bare frame, but got too excited about building it up and forgot :oops:
Bit more progress today....

It's actually almost finished now, but I've just ordered some new cables so it will be a few more days yet :D

:cool: fantastic :cool: looks cool gives me more incentive to crack on with mine :D im just going down the route of removing the v brake bosses before sending in for powder coat :D do you know if the the frame design was used for more than one year ? ie the disc and v brake option ? as mine is identicle to yours but I always seem to think of mine as a 2002 frame and your saying yours is 2001 so maybe im out by a year on ageing my frame :oops: more pics of the build please :D

painter09":rkaikxi5 said:
:cool: white :cool: looks cool gives me more incentive to crack on with mine :D im just going down the route of removing the v brake bosses before sending in for powder coat :D do you know if the the frame design was used for more than one year ? ie the disc and v brake option ? as mine is identicle to yours but I always seem to think of mine as a 2002 frame and your saying yours is 2001 so maybe im out by a year on ageing my frame :oops: more pics of the build please :D

Thanks. I've been watching how you're getting on with those brake bosses.
I considered removing mine, but I thought I'd leave it as is in case I want to use them at a later date.
I'm really clutching at straws with the frame date. I figured it to be around 2000 though as it still had the v brake bosses.
I may ping an email to Merlin and see if they can help out.
Hoping to get it finished this afternoon, so pics to follow ;)

The last few bits arrived this morning, so I got busy this afternoon and she's all finished!
I threw some summer tyres on and took her for a shakedown spin along the prom and took some pics...

The surfer seemed to like it!

I've got an NOS X-lite seatpost to collect this evening and then that'll be it finished.
The only thing to do now is chuck my winter tyres on and get it muddy :D

Back