1995 Marin Pine Mountain

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Almost done now - just need to swap out a few pieces and tune up.
Bought this as half a bike from ebay, kept Frame Post BB Bars Front Mech(going) and Crankarms, replaced the rings and fitted new headset.

Wheels were donated from my '96 IFT and a good match to OE specification even if the rest of the bike isn't quite so. Mismatched XTR brakes is annoying me and that grungey old Flite however the only real world upgrade I could give it (asides a damn good service) is perhaps some XT shifters, the Alivios do feel real solid it has to be said.

Fitted the Rear mech when the bike was upside down for some reason (doh!) and it's now sitting squint in the hanger, unsure If I just unbolt it and try again or If the threads are also going to be squint when I pull it - we'll find out in due course stay tuned.

Front end is segamegalow now i've fitted the Spinners donated from my IBOC and although they keep the weight down i may well swap them for some bounce.

wold ranger kindly sorted me out with an XTR front mech for this which will be going on soon and that should hopefully be that until a complete strip. Joy!

Offroad tyres shall be fitted in time for Spring :)

Frame: 95 Marin triple butted ultralight custom Tange steel.

Fork: Triple butted Spinner (swap for judy xc?)

Headset: Blackspire
Stem: Syncros Cattlehead
Handlebar: Marin Lite
Grips: WTB

Brakes: XTR m960/m970
Brake Pads: Clarks yellow/Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XTR m952

Shifters: Shimano Alivio clunk click.
Front Derailleur: XT 737 (soon to be m952)
Rear Derailleur: XTR m952
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: SunRace v.light!
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: WI Sugino
Bottom Bracket: UN72?
Pedals: ??

Hub Skewers: Mavic internal cam
Rims: Mavic 221
Hubs: White Industries/ Shimano Parralax
Tyres: Specialized Nimbus

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Titec/Bontrager

Weight: ????

Better photo's to come.
21x6on.jpg

2yklsv5.jpg

2mnlvr8.jpg

flv6u1.jpg

ao9sna.jpg

igyk1z.jpg

Nice Marin you've got there, looking better than mine... I bought it as a complete bike and stripped it completely. Unfortunately I haven't got enough time to complete it. It is currently for sale. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=276388
Enjoy the Marin they are great bikes!

Yeah I saw your for sale bike - I'm interested, but not at that price. :LOL:
Yours is a lot cleaner than this example TBH someone will pick it up from you, for sure.

This one is too small for on-road use at 15.5" so will be offroad come spring.
Marin skipped the 16.5" size for some reason (perfect size for me at 5'10" :s)
so your 17.5" would be much better fit I just have too many bikes ;)
GLWTS

The lesser spotted Bontrager Titec seatpost! Seen it as part of the spec on Bikepedia, but never an actual real one.

Bike's looking good with slicks, so will look even better with some knobblies on.

MonkeyPuzzle":13b2p1vk said:
The lesser spotted Bontrager Titec seatpost! Seen it as part of the spec on Bikepedia, but never an actual real one.

Bike's looking good with slicks, so will look even better with some knobblies on.

Yeah, this ones lost most of it's graphic (it seemed very squint too almost like the post had revolved a bit) i've noticed these sought after and rare, a couple of anomalies also - such as Ritchey and Marin Lite posts as OE over these on Pines teams and IFTs and the like, they are silly light and the clamps are easy adjustable. Nice. My IFT one was binned with the rest of my finishing kit which lived for a short time in a old carrier bag. :tears:

Just measured my 17.5' c2c IFT :O 19' c2t seattube and 21.5' toptube, by the by.

Off out for a blast on the Rocky for the first time in months.

:cool:

jonny

Back