MacRetro chat and rides thread

Only need the Gillets for the official retrobike national rides we run in Scotland. Thats only twice a year. This year only MacRetro members who know each other showed up to the mtb and road nationals so no Gillets were needed. I reckon its more than possible exactly the same will happen in 2014 so again no need for Gillets.
Plus as Keith has pointed out in the past, they'll likely make us look like fat bananas so no loss in not having them :LOL:

Velo just doesn't want to look like a giant bearded banana!

If you've got/get a gillet, then wear it. As you say, it's advertising the site.

I'm going to start a separate thread for this an aw.

Standard black'n'white retrobike jersey does that and is one less layer to swelter under. I'll get some stickers on whatever bike I ride though.

In the spring perhaps we can try a wee road/track circuit of Bute. Looks like nice cycling on quiet roads and if you incorporate the West Island Way which seems to be mainly track and some path we could get a circuit of about 42 miles or more. Not sure how pure road bike friendly the Way is but I suspect with a robust 25mm tyre such as a Schwalbe Marathon that most road bikes would be fine. Something to think about as I like island circuits.

I too queried 10UTB organisers what Retro entails. This is the reply:

Hi Stephen,

We were thinking 'v' or caliper brakes, less than 2 inches of travel and dodgy lycra outfits! What do you think?

Cheers,
Fiona.

Time to dig out the lurid lycra and the Mag 21's guys :LOL:

Evening guys
Just a quick post to say that Myself and the family are now home from our stay at Raigmore hospital for Caleb. He had a bit of a relapse on Thursday evening but picked up yesterday and while he has to take it easy this week, he should be fine with no lasting effects.
Thanks for all the kind words and messages.
Shame I missed Arran ride as it looked like a good memorable run, now whats the next decent run?

Jamie

Back