Arran Road Circuit - Saturday November 2nd

Hang in there bud. They know what's wrong and he's in the best place possible with his mum and dad right there.

Roll call
47p2
Hawmaw
Radek + 1
Velo
gmac ? (maybe)
Myself

Have I missed anyone?

Timing
For anyone leaving from Glasgow

There’s a train from Glasgow Central at 08:34, arriving at Ardrossan at 09:20 in time for the 09:45 ferry. Check-in is at least 10 minutes before departure, it looks like the cost is £11.05 return, and the bike goes for free. Car parking is not expensive (less than £5 for the day?)

You can take the precaution of leaving a bag of dry clothes etc. in the "Left Luggage" at Brodick Ferry terminal, at a cost of £1 per bag. Walking around and climbing stairs on the ship in cycling-shoes can be tricky, and uncomfortable in wet clothes (said he, optimistically).

Return ferry time is: Brodick leave 16.40 (17.35 Ardrossan arrive) Train 18.00 for Glasgow 18.44

"Just in case" later ferry leaves
Brodick 19.20 (20.15 Ardrossan arrive) Train 20.31 for Glasgow 21.14 but hopefully we wont need this one[/color]

Finally, for your consideration, may I present:

http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/brodick

Gmac not coming so its ...

47p2
Hawmaw
Radek + 1
Velo
ZigZag

Just looked at 4 or 5 different weather sites and they are all different. We'll just have to take what we get and grin like idiots !! :D

Just going out to the garage to give the bike a wee service cause I've not really checked it properly since I went down the road the other night.

Time to dig out the neoprene over shoes, waterproof shorts and maybe invest in a new pertex rain jacket. Nothing worth doing is ever easy :)

Jamie, sounds like progress, thinking about you all!

sorry guys not making it, too much to do so can't afford to be away the whole day.. enjoy

enjoy the ride you roadie freaks! looking forward to the pics and write up.

thoughts with you and the wee man Jamie.

Have a good one lads, wish i could join you.
Things a bit better here this morning but wont be going home today :(
Hopefully tomorrow
Thanks for all the kind words and also for letting me ramble on onwhat is a thread about the Arran ride.
Cheers guys
Jamie

Mudguards fitted. Weather forecast on xcweather looks better now for the morning, although BBC Scotland aren't as optimistic :(

Latest posts

Back