Great big Singlespeed thread!

As any serious climbing on a singlespeed is done out of the saddle I've found it all comes down to upper body position - it seems best, both from a traction and efficiency position, to climb with a relatively straight back and therefore an upright position, which might mean using a shorter stem/ higher bars than you might at first choose.
As a reference, my bars are about level with my saddle (when it's in a normal position) and with a 23" ETT I'm using a 60mm stem with 720mm bars.
This is me of course, what works for me might not for you.

Marin B-17 FRS frame, Marzochhi RC2X forks (6" travel front and back), Funn Full-on bars (760mm), XT disc brakes, Superstar Zinger tensioner etc........

that's fantastic. how much chain stretch is there? I'm guessing it's almost bottomed out as it is, right? whats the weight like?

Not sure how much chain stretch but the tensioner has a lot of movement for the suspension even though it looks pretty tight. If I can I'll try to take a video of the movement (somehow?).

I've just ordered the bits to convert my Sunn Xircuit Plus 998 to SS. This thread has been interesting reading, so cheers everyone!

Back