Klein Attitude early 1990s backfire colour for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
not sure if anyone got this. i agreed a price and then they renaged on deal. then i agreed a second price to secure the deal and made arrangements so I could go and collect then seller wouldnt respond to emails. then they posted it again on ebay. post second ebay add/sale they then came back to me to sell it to me! as was suspected as soon as it came to collection arrangements, request for detailed photos or not doing paypal as 'gift' they dissapeared again.

i suspect this is a scam - at worst very inconsiderate and rude behaviour. BEWARE if it comes back up! i dont trust her at all

interesting they say cumbria - it was in the south when i spoke to the seller! exter i seem to remember.....lucky you got your money back!

Whoa - this is all too weird for me!
So my story goes that I saw it first off on here, then tried to contact via Retrobike, no response; then it went up on eBay so I tried via eBay.
Seller - "Hazel" was not keen on me going to see and claimed other Retrobikers had gone to see the bike on the Friday and upset her so didn't want to have anyone else come to view. She claimed to be in the process of moving to Cumbria and the bike was to remain in Exeter with her son.
As it was on eBay, and John and others had helped her via this forum, I did not suspect it was dodgy. Once the auction was concluded and I paid up via Paypal and then money got fully refunded, "Hazel" even offered to send the bike and for me to pay upon delivery. It was as this point I backed right off and have not made contact with her again or she with me.
So if this was or is a scam, does anyone recognise the pictures from another site?

very interesting - she said to me when offering the bike after the second ebay sale that it was an overseas bidder and she didnt want to post abroad and therefore was offering to me. why you wouldnt do a second chance offer to the next bidder im not sure. on agreeing the price (at the same time she was logged on and posted a remark on the thread) I said i could do payment on pickup and i could come the following day (i even made child care arrangement so I could get it). She wanted paypal 'gift' it all went silent. her satement on payment conditions didnt suggest someone who was new to ebay and paypal!

who from here went to see her? has anyone actually seen the bike?

mfhxgram":303ecqvo said:
who from here went to see her? has anyone actually seen the bike?
looks more & more like a scam to me, I bet 'hazel' doesn't exist & neither does the bike! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The thing that I thought was dodgy was the fresh splash back tyres. Didnt fit with a hubby that died a few years ago and left a bike in the garage. But whos gonna call out a poor old widow. Nice scam.

This is a lucky escape for me. My desire to land a local bike, go pick it up and take it home got the better of me. I won't be making the mistake of letting my heart rule my head next time.
Thanks goodness paying via Paypal properly with full protection was clearly one thing the scammers did not bargain on. I never got asked to pay via a gift payment, which considering the other "winners" of the various auctions and offers makes me wonder why even bother going through the 2nd chance offer process if there was no way of getting off with the payment? Stupidity or just plain greed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back