Show us your Salsa ala carte's and everything Salsa.

New to the forum. From the San Francisco bay area. Started riding back in the days of the 80's where it all started on Mt. Tam. I picked up an older Salsa Ala Carte last weekend for the grand sum of $25.00. After bringing it home and cleaning some of the grime off, I discovered it was an older model - #82. It came with the original parts including the portage strap. After cleaning I will build it back up and post a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_0561 (800x598).jpg
    IMG_0561 (800x598).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 703
Frisco Rider":r4w2kcqv said:
New to the forum. From the San Francisco bay area. Started riding back in the days of the 80's where it all started on Mt. Tam. I picked up an older Salsa Ala Carte last weekend for the grand sum of $25.00. After bringing it home and cleaning some of the grime off, I discovered it was an older model - #82. It came with the original parts including the portage strap. After cleaning I will build it back up and post a pic!

Liking that a lot - keep the build thread up to date! $25 is an absolute bargain!

Lucky,lucky,lucky :D

Absolute bargain Frisco rider.

Oh what it must feel like to live in the land of abundant high end mountain bikes :LOL:

Frisco Rider":3sav6090 said:

A Scoboni?

suburbanreuben":2z605lms said:
Frisco Rider":2z605lms said:

A Scoboni?

Looks like it, plus a roller stem. Lucky, lucky fella!

Yup, the SF Bay Area is a candy store when it comes to early mountain bikes, I have been fortunate to have grown up in this area, have been biking Mt Tam since the early eighty's. I lived in the Haight and bicycle shop row was on/still Stanyan Street. The Salsa Ala Carte was the second bike in the last month that I have acquired for $25.00. A lot of my friends still have their 80's bikes in their garages collecting dust and rusting away. Who was to know that they would gain so much in collectability and value!!! There was a time that we were just literally throwing things away in the trash. Check out this Klein that my neighbor was going to give to me, but I gave her $25.00 so I didn't feel guilty. The serial number is #32, sold (gave) it to my friend for $40.00!! I still have some of the original Cook bros, Grafton, WTB, Synchros stuff that I bought over the counter when they were new when I was kid....

Attachments

• IMG_0485 (800x598).jpg
    IMG_0485 (800x598).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 654
And, yes the Salsa does have the Scoboni Signature on the top tube and it came with the original Staghead Derailleurs, shifters, and hite rite......

Frisco Rider":1gcs8zp4 said:
Yup, the SF Bay Area is a candy store when it comes to early mountain bikes, I have been fortunate to have grown up in this area, have been biking Mt Tam since the early eighty's. I lived in the Haight and bicycle shop row was on/still Stanyan Street. The Salsa Ala Carte was the second bike in the last month that I have acquired for $25.00. A lot of my friends still have their 80's bikes in their garages collecting dust and rusting away. Who was to know that they would gain so much in collectability and value!!! There was a time that we were just literally throwing things away in the trash. Check out this Klein that my neighbor was going to give to me, but I gave her $25.00 so I didn't feel guilty. The serial number is #32, sold (gave) it to my friend for $40.00!! I still have some of the original Cook bros, Grafton, WTB, Synchros stuff that I bought over the counter when they were new when I was kid....

Awesome

Back