Arran Road Circuit - Saturday November 2nd

velomaniac":1nsqhu0f said:
Bring SS if you like but you have received fair warning ;)

I've not seen the SS yet let alone bought it, just going out now for a wee look

From what you lot have said I will be riding a geared bike :oops:

zigzag":d6sypg0b said:
Would have to agree, don't SS Arran unless your name is Rado!

And I didn't really keep up with Rado at Killin, I just kept him in sight. For a while. :)

I'll have full geared plastic sub 8kg racer this time... Muahahahahah! Although I may sleeping on bike as I'll be after one of my pal's birthday nigt out.

Just noticed your signature 47p2, get Focus Cayo and we'll be like a team. Got same road bike, I think it's 2011 though.

Hopefully the weather keeps up, its not bad at all down here.

47p2":1k8re28z said:
...I'm going to look at buying a used single speed Genesis today, do you guys think it would be possible to do this route with a single speed bike on Saturday?...

Those are great bikes.

After looking at the elevations on Arran, I was going to take my single speed. It looks do-able, and you're still a youngster.

Just walk any steep bits. You can't go faster than your lungs can pump oxygen anyway, so a brisk walk equals grinding a granny uphill. :)

PS I see in the latest Scottish Cycling http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... 484310c391, there is a circuit of Arran. They allow 5 - 7 hours.

kaiser":3455sqf1 said:
Hopefully the weather keeps up, its not bad at all down here.

Scratch that its just turned biblical!!

Sheeeeeiiiiit

I went and saw it and couldn't say no, it's like brand spanking new just out of the box with not even a blemish on the paintwork. It belonged to an old chap (yes there are older folk than me) who bought it new and travelled no more than 20 miles on it and decided it wasn't for him so it's been languishing in his garage for the past few years. Better pics once I've fixed the Range Rover as it decided it was time for the front window switches to pack-up. Quick call to LR parts and a new switch is £141.00 so I stripped the old one and found some corrosion inside, cleaned it up and put back together and in now seems to be working so I'm off out to put the door card back on...The joys of Land Rovers :(

Skyline.jpg

Radoslaw":29osk6k1 said:
zigzag":29osk6k1 said:
Just noticed your signature 47p2, get Focus Cayo and we'll be like a team. Got same road bike, I think it's 2011 though.

This is my Focus Cayo 3, a 2012 model. I recently changed the saddle to a black Prologo Scratch Pro but I've not got round to changing that god awful white bar tape yet
5a.jpg

epicyclo":12tkowd0 said:
Those are great bikes.

After looking at the elevations on Arran, I was going to take my single speed. It looks do-able, and you're still a youngster.

Just walk any steep bits. You can't go faster than your lungs can pump oxygen anyway, so a brisk walk equals grinding a granny uphill. :)

PS I see in the latest Scottish Cycling there is a circuit of Arran. They allow 5 - 7 hours.

I wish I was still a youngster :(

7 hours, I hope we are well finished by then

Radoslaw":3ojzuunh said:
zigzag":3ojzuunh said:
Would have to agree, don't SS Arran unless your name is Rado!

And I didn't really keep up with Rado at Killin, I just kept him in sight. For a while. :)

I'll have full geared plastic sub 8kg racer this time... Muahahahahah! Although I may sleeping on bike as I'll be after one of my pal's birthday nigt out.

This is turning into a willy waggling contest :shock: :p

Back