Night-ride Night now the 29th

gmac123

MacRetro Rider
**update** touting a potential date change to see if we can get the numbers up -- so 29th Nov would it work??

As muted on the ride thread, thinking about a Friday evening down Glen Tress on the 15th of Nov, time 6/7pm whatever suits those participating

interested noted so far

gmac123
Clubby
ZigZag

who else is up for it?

Re: Nightride Night 15th November

Very iffy maybe depending if I sort lights and my eyesight out by then. Need new glasses which might help my poor night vision but might not. Night riding scares the poo out of me but I dont like feeling left out :LOL:

velomaniac":3twpr143 said:
maybe depending if I sort lights

fingers crossed, I may be able to help.. knackered the charger on my cree, the choices I was faced with were

a) £16 for charger & battery
b) £20 for charger, battery & light

despatched last week from Hong Kong

so in short, hopefully I'll have a spare 1600 lum' light

If anyone is looking for a light for this ride I got one of these last week. UK seller , 2 day delivery. Similar price as Chinese sellers without the wait.

Very bright but I don't know how long the charge lasts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XM-L-XML ... 1c35a10034

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawmaw":2nsztrf1 said:
If anyone is looking for a light for this ride I got one of these last week. UK seller , 2 day delivery. Similar price as Chinese sellers without the wait.

Are you gonna give us a wee report on the light?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I will when I've used it. So far all I've done is charge the battery and walk about the house with the lights out ! It's bloody bright , has 3 levels and flash. I would anticipate using the lowest level for my commute and high level for unlit roads.
Too wet to cycle to work tonight and looks like rain for rest of the week.

Down as a maybe - and maybe on my new bike - those lights are fine, just don't let them get wet (at the cable entry, the cable connector and the battery itself) - it shorts the battery and you'll need a new one.

interested noted so far

gmac123
Clubby
ZigZag
velo, perhaps - should be able to help with a light Velo, let me know!
TK - maybe
Radek - maybe

anyone else???

quote="RobMac"]
Hawmaw":1lkdlrpr said:

Are you gonna give us a wee report on the light?[/quote]

Rob - my Hong Kong order was refunded by the seller, after 3wks they advised it had been returned by customs. So I ordered the light hawmaw mentions above. Not used it on the bike yet, however I've noticed some improvements

one the plus side

a) delivery 2 days vs 26 days
b) charger has uk 3 prong (the other had a crap adaptor)
c) the quality of the machining of lamp housing is higher than the HK light
1. the HK light had sharp edges and swarf on the fins used to dissipate the heat
2. the HK light also had vents where you could see the back of the lamp holder - I was always worried about water ingress.

on the minus

a) the new light has a smaller battery, assuming this proportional to the battery length/time
b) the light has 3 settings of intensity, which is good, however my HK had intensity settings plus a strobing flasher which I thought was really effective for being seen on road.

curiously the chargers on both rattle, which I'm going to investigate incase something inside is loose and caused the IC to blow on the last one.

Take me back off the list, a few winter evening commutes under my belt and I am reminded why night riding is not for me. What you can see in the headlights is fair enough but what you cant see will always spook me too much.
Have fun !

Back