MacRetro chat and rides thread

Already posted up 10 UTB 2014 in Retrobike Rides section, I've even put my happy hat on in the phrasing. No replies so far :roll:
Please feel free to suggest edits.

I will ride retro but will have a wee bit front bounce, TopGun cheapo elastomer fork with canti hanger earmarked for this. Possible alu frame for race acceleration.

will get signed up for 10UTB and bring the rts for this.

keep meaning to do it but never got round to it so far.

yous doing singles or pairs ?

Gazz - on my second carbon road bike, both have been the most comfortable, efficient bikes I've ever had....

p.s. always an Obree man, we are the Obree generation, bike snob that I am, couldn't bring myself to have that name on my frame..

what's the 10UB deal, have teams been established or is it just case of signing up now and working out the teams later?

We who've already signed up are all doing the event as solo riders. Dont panic though, we'll all operate from the same base camp, hopefully set up 'The Gazebo of Love - MacRetro HQ' and engage in all our usual irreverant banter. Its just if your solo you can dictate the pace, laps achieved individually and not feel pressurised by your team to get out there when you'd rather not.
No one says a soloist has to be a super committed xc animal who never stops untill he drops.
My targets three laps as I only did one and three quarters last time :oops:

thesurfbus - it looks like solo only.

g, k - It was just a case of signing up as quick as possible, no thought was given to organising into teams. Given the £10 entry fee, I think the fear was that they'd all be sold out really quickly. I suppose it might be possible to email them and get them to combine a couple of solos into a pair, etc. Although there is probably a limited number of pairs, triples etc available?

I kind of like the idea of solo actually. The only pressure is what you choose to put on yourself. If you're feeling competitive, you can get out there and kill yourself trying to beat everyone else in the MacRetro / retro category. Or take it easy in the 'gazebo of love' supping on giant pot noodles.

gmac123":3mtmfn0x said:
p.s. always an Obree man, we are the Obree generation, bike snob that I am, couldn't bring myself to have that name on my frame..

Too right!!!

Back