Funk rigid forks

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
This post is going to get bumped many, many times...

I'd like to put some rigid forks on my Funk Pro Comp. There seems to be a variety of designs over the years and I'm not sure what would have gone on the 1990 version (mine came with a steel set before I changed over to the Manitou's) but at a guess the ones with the welded crown would be right :?

Current steerer tube is approx 170mm.

Yo, I bought my frame about 2 months ago and spent the first month looking for some original funk rigid forks, I found some but they came with a funk frame, sadly too much money for me and he wouldnt split AND I think the steerer was too short for my frame .... sooo I ended up with manitou ones.

In my head I thought about getting some made but then they wouldnt be funk forks but copies, so i ditched that idea. I guess other period forks would include accutrax but these go for big money usually to yeti owners. The other forks that would look nearly right are the Klein forks but again it just seems wrong to put a Klein fork onto a Funk fork.

I feel the pain.

EDIT: think the for sale forum might be the wrong place for this. ;)

Rare as, original fat Funk alloy forks, I've looking for years. Klein ones won't fit as system is totally different. So either the original steel ones, not sure how easy they will be to find either, or back to some sus ones, good luck ;) , Ash.

I'd be amazed that someone would have a spare set knocking about but if you don't ask... How do you move this post?

The skinny steel ones are correct for that age of frame Caspar although don't look right IMO.

The alloy ones look cool, especially the box ones but I saw a few of these in pieces BiTD. ....20 years on I wouldn't be tempted to ride them.

I have used both PACE RC30s, Accutrax and stripped Cannondale Peps. The Cannondale option is both cheap and conveniently in the correct 1 1/4" size :D

Skinny forks with massive tubes; I wasn't keen on them either. Personnally, I like the boxy ones but finding a set is unlikely.

its not only a difficult task to find them but to find them with the right length/dimension steerer adds to the difficulty. ;) I feel your pain.

Back