My other GT RTS so far.... Finished! - 14/6/08

The grips are ten a penny on ebay,

and the forks came with that crappy bike, but i seem to remember mozo pro's werent too bad bitd - equal to Quadras maybe.

mattbrown":2jkvnief said:
but i seem to remember mozo pro's werent too bad bitd - equal to Quadras maybe.

Your right.

RST's made some good forks, but they never managed to get the name like Rock Shox etc did. Shame really.

They are a bit like Skoda really......they make some good cars but haven't got the badge caliber of say BMW or Merc.

If I were you, I wouldnt be in a hurry to change them. Try them, you will like them ;) (I only changed mine as they were triple clamp, if they were single, I would still have them on now).

They are cartainly plush, a but twangy tho,

i also thought there were quite good and did lust after the USA version ones bitd

I've got a pair of the originals too, which IIRC were American made(?) to a fairly good standard and were as you say comparable to most, better than RS quadras anyway, but didn't have the all important at the time brand kudos.

They'd go really well on my RTS, red and yellow and all that :cool:

Maybe consider a swap for Rock Shox Dart 3's......

mattbrown":1zrdr0by said:
exbiker":1zrdr0by said:
And if you must have the rst forks get rid of the red shock boots!

Apart from that, Looking good :cool:

They came with the forks, ill keep em, as they keep the stanchions clean

Wasn't slagging it off sorry, Reason i said it was in my experience neoprene shock boots tend to hold any water and crap in, So the legs will be wet most of the time instead of being allowed to dry out naturally.

[/quote]

Wasn't slagging it off sorry, Reason i said it was in my experience neoprene shock boots tend to hold any water and crap in, So the legs will be wet most of the time instead of being allowed to dry out naturally.[/quote]

I wasnt offended, and that is a good point, i havent seen any alternatives though at the mo.

Back