GT Lightening Ti

Hi john

sorry for this question, ive never heard of the lightening :facepalm: ? where did it sit in the range?? looks good

cheers

Langers

The Lightning was a two year wonder when Ti was it's hottest in the market. Welded in Taiwan out of USA Sandvik tubing. Only sold as a bead blasted complete bike with mid-level spec. GT's international distributors wanted this model because they were demanding something lower priced in Ti.

The Xizang was built from 90-99 and was originally built by LaVoie, Then Sandvik which later became Ti Sports and fianlly the last couple tears they were built at GT's Tech Shop. Always offered as a frame, only offered as a complete biike in 1994 and 1998. Always sold hand polished except the last year they were painted.

Last edited by gm1230126 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's from the master of all things GT ;)

No!! I don't poses info like that!! I copy and pasted it from a thread, gm1230126 is the GT Master :cool:

Use the google search function on here there's a good few threads someone said they got £500 for one collected?

Love these, more less obvious and more understated than the Xizang, just one of those frames that looks correct.

Carl.

I spotted this and I may be wrong but I reckon that's a good price if its in real good nick.
Given that there are a limited number of these frames out there and of those the number that aren't bent is even lower I can only see these going up.

OK its not a Xizang (which can also only go up), but compared to buying a new Ti frame its still a bargain.... oh and it's a GT at the end of the day - not at all biased :)

Back